SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP vs F&R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, Does anyone have a document that gives a comparison of APO DP functionalities vs SAP F&R? I frequently face queries where people ask me the added benfits of using F&R instead of APO DP. I know some, but I need more! Please help!

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have no documentation, but I can tell you that F&R is fully dedicated to retail processes, meaning a huge number of retail functionalited (eg Layout, detailed demand influencing factors, retail master data) are supported. These last ones are not supported in APO DP.

Also, in DP the forecasting scenario is more oriented towards the manufacturing industry.

Difference is also that APO DP is using SAP forecast algorithms dedicated to manufacturing. and SAP F&R is using SAF external forecast engine fully dedicated to retail industry.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Nicolas

0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

Aoubt you mentined above. Could you please expain more about the "SAF external forecast engine" ?

Actually, now we are fighting for a retial case, the client needs the specific statisitcal forecasting, such as Curve clustering / Net selling rate / Sales rate curve clustering / Using KNN clustering algorithm etc. SAP should delivry a PoC. The major focus of this PoC will be a bounch of algorithms which APO DP is not very good at. We met the competitors  SAS  and SPSS.

Thanks a lot in advance.

BR,

Fenny