cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMC error

Former Member
0 Kudos

XIR2 SP3 running on Red Hat Linux

The tomcat/webapps/businessobjects directory was recently deleted (don't ask). I thought I could fix this by tar'ing up the same directory from our production server and copying it down to the server where the directory was deleted.

It worked - sort of. Everything is fine, except for the CMC. I'm able to get this page in a web browser:

businessobjects/enterprise115/adminlaunch/launchpad.html

All the links work except for the one that launches the central management console. When I click it, I get a 404 error. The link the launchpad is generating is this:

businessobjects/enterprise115/admin/default.htm

Which confuses me a little because there is no enterprise115/admin web directory in the tomcat webapp's directory. I've poked through all the web.xml files and updated the server names to be correct. Now I'm fresh out of ideas. Is there anything I can do to get the CMC running without having to reinstall the whole thing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rich,

I am assuming you modified the web.xml files on all apps within the /businessobjects directory after you untarred it from your production server so it reflects your environment (CMS/cluster name etc). Ideally, you should've just redeployed all the WAR files from the original location of the files under the BO install directory.

Anyway, the final URL that the CMC link from launchpad that you should be forwarded to is

/businessobjects/enterprise115/admin/en/admin.cwr

Do not worry about not finding the "admin" directory under enterprise115 as it does not exist the way you would think. The CMC in XI R2 is based on the Crystal architecture and hence uses the WCA to connect. You might want to check for the presence of the cewcanative.jar file under

<BO_INSTALL_DIR>/java/applications

and the inclusion of that path under the CLASSPATH variable.

HTH...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I am assuming you modified the web.xml files on all apps within the /businessobjects directory after you untarred it from your production server so it reflects your environment (CMS/cluster name etc)

I did a grep -R on the production server name in the top level webapps directory and replaced that name in all the files I found with the dev server name. There were only two occurrences in a single web.xml file. We are not running clusters.

Ideally, you should've just redeployed all the WAR files from the original location of the files under the BO install directory.

I tried to do this using the install.sh script. I chose to modify the existing installation, but when I pointed the installation script at the current directory, I received a message saying, "Impossible to update this version.". I assume I need to use the install script for this type of maneuver?

You might want to check for the presence of the cewcanative.jar file under

<BO_INSTALL_DIR>/java/applications

I don't have an applications directory under <BO_INSTALL_DIR>/java in dev, or production. I have the following in the java directory:

CRConfig.xml  lib  license

I really don't think it could be a library issue. The only thing that happened was a delete of the businessobjects directory. Everything was working fine before that.

Thanks again ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You DO NOT need to run the install script just to redeploy the WAR files - that it excessive! If you have the Admin guide handy, you can take a look at it and it has a section that talks about how to deploy the WAR files manually. I am guessing you are running Tomcat as the appserver, which makes it easier. All you have to do is follow the order in which the files were deployed -- that actually could be one of the reasons for your issue. Do make sure you follow the right order when you redeploy. If you cannot locate the admin guide PDF, someone here can point you to it.

I do not have a *NIX install handy here, but you ought to have a java/applications directory where all the out-of-box WAR files are stored. Windows has the following location -

C:\BusinessObjects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\java\applications

I am not 100% what is the equivalent of the "BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5" directory in this path on unix, but it is something similar. Those are the WAR files you should be using when you redeploy them. Again, the admin guide will make it clear.

Cheers,

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm such an idiot. Now that I understand how the deploy works, all I need to do to was stop tomcat, then deploy each app by starting tomcat after adding/removing the proper xml file is the config directory.

Ugh.

Thanks for the insight!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am glad it worked! 😃

Cheers,

Sarang

Answers (0)