cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are all my dashboard columns empty

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

In cPro 4.5., there is a dashboard on the start page which I like a lot. It shows the "last used projects", "favorites", "projects" etc, and I can freely configure the columns which shall appear.

However, in my system, all columns except for "Project (Number)" and "Project (Description)" are empty.

What do I need to do in order to fill these columns?

I though I could do it with the flag "Use Dashboard" in the customizing for project types, but this flag had no effect in my case (at least the dashboard columns are still empty).

Is there a background job or something which needs to run?

Anything else missing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

just have a look at the DPR_EVE_BATCH_DPO to extract the evaluations.

SAP menu > collaboration projects > evaluations > ..

cu

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vanessa,

i am starting to understand the whole dashboard topic now.

I was abel to run the report and for most of my projects, the dashboard data is extracted correctly.

(the report dumped at the end in my dev-system, but this might be because of some inconsistent data).

Is this report only for extracting the status (threshold value violations), or does it extract other fields like "person responsible" or "organizatinal unit" as well?

Do I have to run that report only once, or should I define a job that runs that report every night?

Best regards,

Daniel

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

please have a look at the online help available when clicking on the "Help" lonk above the dashboards:

(...)

Prerequisites

You made the following settings in Customizing for Collaboration Projects:

● You activated the dashboard function for the appropriate project type and specified when evaluations are to be performed by choosing Evaluations and Dashboard in the Define Project Types IMG activity. If you do not do this, you only see the project name and the criticality level, for example, and no KPIs for the project.

● You assigned the extract layout for the dashboard evaluations to the relevant project types in the Assign Extract Layouts to Project Types IMG activity. SAP supplies the 0_DASHBOARD layout with the standard system. You can display additional information in the dashboard by including new attributes in the layout for the dashboard evaluations.

● You assigned icons to the attributes for the evaluations in the Define Attributes and Object Types for Evaluations IMG activity.

(...)

Kind regards,

Florian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vanessa and Florian,

i got it know.

Here is the summary of what I learned thanks to your help:

1. Why are the dashboard columns empty?

=> because they are either filled by the report DPR_EVE_BATCH_DPO, or by saving the project, or by manually triggering the dashboard refreshing via the button "check". The question which of the three events refreshes the dashbaoard data can be set in customizing on project type level using the fields "use dashboard" and "check for threshold value violations".

2. Do I have to create a job that tiggers the report DPR_EVE_BATCH_DPO every night?

=> yes, that's a good idea, if you do not use the customizing options "check for threshold value violations on save" for all project types.

3. Do I need to make any other setting in customizing?

=> yes.

==> All project types should be assigned to the extract layout "0_DASHBOARD" under "Evaluation"->"Assign Project Types to Extract Layouts".

==> The attributes that are part of the extract layout 0_DASHBOARD can also be changed in customizing, as well as the way they are calculated and aggregated, but SAP deliveres a predefined customizing that can be used as well.

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Daniel,

I am facing the problem of dashboard data not getting populated. I want Actual start and Actual finish date to appear on the dashboard.

Have done th following settings in the system:

Activated Use Dashboard for corresponding project type ('Define Project Types' under 'Evaluations' and 'Dashboard').

Specified when evaluations are executed as : Only with background processing ( 'Define Project Types' under 'Evaluations' and 'Dashboard').

Assigned the extract layout to the corresponding project types for the dashboard evaluations

Other settings:

Transaction SPRO -> Collaboration Projects -> Evaluations -> Define Extract Layouts

extract layour here is 0_DASHBOARD, attributes for this extract layout selected as Actual finish, actual start by checking the box of Always extract

Have run the report DPR_EVE_BATCH_DPO also, but still unable to see data in the dash board.

Is there anything else am I missing ?

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Daniel,

I have gone through note 971394 and now able to see my customer defined fields on Dashboard.

And also getting some of the fields on Dashboard populated with values maintianed in project.

But my customer defined fields are still not getting populated with the data maintained in project.

Any help on this?

Thanks and Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Good question. If note 971394 does not help, i have no further ideas.

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Problem solved.

Had to create customer implementation for BAdI DPR_EVE_DASHBOARD,method

CHANGE_ATTRIBUTES.

Now I can see all my customer defined fields, filled with the values maintained for them in project.

Thanks and Regards,

Niraj Sikligar