cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence of Method-Calls in event-loop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to show many UIBBs on one page.

After one UIBB is processed, following UIBB uses data from previous UIBB to select respectiv entities.

I have expected, that process_before_output is called according to index in configuration. But it is not the case. If sequence can not be fixed, does it mean, that data to show must already be calculated before process_before_output ist executed? For that the configuration data must be interpreted by application.

Regards

Paul

Edited by: Paul Siebert on Nov 26, 2008 3:03 PM

Edited by: Paul Siebert on Nov 26, 2008 3:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

-

ulrich_miller
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

you should not rely on the sequence of methods called in the FPM event loop, because there is no such thing. But if you have certain dependencies between your UIBBs you can resolve that in a different manner. Here is a last of things that come into my mind:

a) Use different methods of the FPM eventloop, e. g. process_event is called before

process_before_out_put.

b) Let your UIBBs implement the WD interface IF_FPM_APP_CONTROLLER. You find methods there

that can be used for sequencial programming, e. g. before_process_output and

after_process_out_put.

c) If a) and b) did not fit your use case: You can always fire another FPM event during one FPM

event is processed, that is to say start another round, but I would not recommend that solution but

rather use a) or b).

Regards,

Ulrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

let's say i have 3 UIBBs on a single screen. They are dependent among one another - if i change a lead selection in one, all other must be updated. I would also have an amount of UIBBs flexible - for example it must be possible to insert tabbed uibb dynamically (with dependent records).

c) - if the lead selection is changed, i will start event loop with parameter 'new selected record' and update respectiv UIBBs. These UIBBs will also start event with 'new selected record' record and so on.

Each UIBB reacts only on relevant events.

b) if i use IF_FPM_APP_CONTROLLER, i must know all my UIBBs or i must implement a configurable hierarchical class in order to manage all UIBBs. From this class i will get access to all UIBBs, also from possible tabbed UIBBs. Each UIBBs must than register in some way to this class.

Do i undestand it correctly?

a) this variant is not clear for me

Thanks

Paul

Edited by: Paul Siebert on Apr 6, 2009 12:18 PM

Uli_42
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Paul, or better any FPM Team Menber,

i can't believe that this is really intended by the team.

At least the own UI Handlers have to be called first to avoid even more complicated stuff for even an easy appplication.

I think handler f.e. a lead selection in the own feeder handler  (F.e. to pass the right data to a shared object or any choosen sharing method ) should be possible without an AppController or another exit-Method and without to fire just another event, so that more and more overhead has to be handled.

None of the mentioned solutions is looking nice for simple scenarios.

(Deleted: Bad idea, before checked the event sequence diagram of fpm ....)

Regards,

Uli