Did you mean: 

QM_LSMW BY RECORDING METHOD FOR QP01

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear QM Experts,

1. I am doing LSMW by recording method for QP01 transaction code

2. I am facing one problem while recording in inspection characteristic screen

3. While saving another screen opens prompting to put inspection method, plant and version for inspection method.

4. This is not at all needed as per the requirement.

I removed default Plant for Inspection Method version, Version Number of the Inspection Method while recording LSMW in inspection characteristic screen. Still it is happening.

Surprisingly when we create inspection plan though QP01 it never asks for these things.

Any remedies?

Best Regards,

Thanks is advance

Anand Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to create inspection plans using program RCPTRA01 via LSMW.

I defined structures, source fields, structure relations, field mapping and conversion rules, specified corresponding files, etc.

I completed every single step, but in step 13 (Create Batch Input Session) I get message no. 00338 "BDC_INSERT, Transaction code .. is invalid".

In step 5 (Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules) I tried the following conversion rules:

1. BI001-TCODE = FV_TCODE.

2. BI001-TCODE = 'QP01'.

3. BI001-TCODE = TRANSACCION-TCODE. (TRANSACCION is the structure I defined)

but non of these worked!

Could you help me? Thanks. Nela.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do not use Recording for QP01.

There is a pragram named "RCPTRA01". It can be selected in step1 of lsmw>>Object Type and Import Method>> Standard Batch/Direct Imput>>Object 0240;Method 0000;Program RCPTRA01; Program Type B.

Then Step 2, define source structure. In fact you may go to step 4 to have a look at the structure of the target structure. It would be easy to copy that. The source structure would be as below, ZBI001 would be the top level and the others the same lever under ZBI001:

Source Structures

ZBI001 Transaction Header Record for Data Transfer of Routings

ZBIMPL Batch Input Structure for Allocation of Mat. to Task Lists

ZBIPKO Batch Input Structure for Task List Header

ZBIPPO Batch input structure for task list operation

ZBIPMK Inspection characteristics for batch input of task lists

In step 3, define source fields for source structure. For easy define, you may click "Object Overview">> Table to get the possible fields of the related structure, and then copy to Excel; after that, you may copy the fields directly from Excel to fields difining window in step 3.

Step 4, assign the source structures to target structures, the target structures are named the same as the source structures above, just without the letter "Z". For example, assign ZBIMPL to BIMPL, ZBIPKO to BIPKO, except ZBI001 is assigned to BI000 and BI001 as well.

Then Step 5, you may find there are RECTY and default settings are "00" "99" "01" "03" "09" "18" for BI000, BI001, BIMPL, BIPKO, BIPPO and BIPMK. Let alone "99" and imput these value to field "RECTY" in corresponding source structure fields

Then you may run auto field mapping in step 5, and make some values constant, like PLNTY=Q etc.

Then a problem with the profile under field "PROFIDNET". Run TCODE 'SPRO' to IMG>Quality Management>Quality Planning>Inspection Planning>General>Maintain Profiles for Default Values>Profile: default values plan/general. You may find there is a box named "Entry tool", tick that box, if not it is not possible to run QP01 in lsmw. And at the same time you may find the profile is 0000001. Key the value to field "PROFIDNET" and make the rule as constant.

For step 6 there is nothing to do

in Step 7, unlike other objects, you can use just one .txt file for uploading the inspection plan. When specy file, select "Data for Multiple Source Structures(Seq.file); Delimiter: Tabulator; File structure: Field order Matches source structure definition(as in Seq.file) I find not possible to put field names at start of file, so "Field Order Matching" is very important

Then how to prepare the file? We can accomplish this with 5 excel sheets

the fields orders for my customer is like this:

1)for RECTY 18(Inspection Charatristics):

MATNR RECTY MERKNR KURZTEXT VERWMERKM QPMK_ZAEH PMETHODE QMTB_WERKS STICHPRVER PROBEMGEH STELLEN MASSEINHSW SOLLWERT TOLERANZOB TOLERANZUN

2)for RECTY 09(Operation):

MATNR RECTY VORNR STEUS WERKS LTXA1 UMREZ UMREN

3)for RECTY 03(Header):

MATNR RECTY DATUV VERWE WERKS STATU PLNME LOSVN LOSBS VAGRP KTEXT

4)for RECTY 01(Allocation of Material)

MATNR RECTY MATNR WERKS LIFNR KUNR

5)for RECTY 00(Transaction Header)

MATNR RECTY TCODE START

Creat a new blank sheet and copy the fild contents of these 5 sheets into it, then you can sort the fields in A to Z order with Column A(MATNR), B(RECTY), and C(MERKNR), then the seq.file to be uploaded is completed.

for example:

10001042 00 QP01 20090119

10001042 01 10001042 1200

10001042 03 20090119 5 1200 4 PC 0 99999999 Screw\M16x45\GB/T5783

10001042 09 0010 QM01 1200 inspection 1 1

10001042 18 10 inspection on material C101 1200 JF035 1200 GUD5 PC

10001042 18 20 Inspection on size C102 1200 JF034 1200 GUD5 PC

Then copy start from Column B, i.e., without the material numbers in Column A, to .txt file.

Specy the file in Step 7 in lsmw.

the step 8, assign this .txt file to all structures

then step 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Creast Session and run it in at the end.

Actually this program is not possible for QP02. If you want to make some correction on the inspection plans in SAP, you'd better delete them and upload the revised one.

This program is very similar to CA01 Production Routing and thus also applicable to CA01. But I recommend using Object 0170;Method 0002;Program RCPTRA02; Program Type D for CA01, because it provides testing transfer at the end so that you can check out logical errors, and much fastee. Pity that for QP01 there is no such program

Currenty I am acting as Data cunsultant for an Elevator Manufaturer in China, hope my experience would help for you. My MSN is zhangxiaojun at msn dot com

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xiaojun ZHANG,

First of all let me thank you for taking so pains to type in a very systematic way! This is really a much useful stuff.

As suggested by you I created following source structures as follows

ZBI001

ZBIMPL

ZBIPKO

ZBIPPO

ZBIPMK

LSMW step 1, 2, 3 OK. I got error in step 4 as

Target structure BIMPL can only be assigned one source structure that is directly related to the source structure Beziehung steht(010)

I got this error message while assigning source structure ZBIMPL to target structure BIMPL and similarly for ZBIPKO, ZBIPPO, ZBIPMK

Can you please put your valuable remarks where am I making a mistake? Do I need to create the source fields as lower level in step number 2?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

The structure is like below:

Level 1 ZBI001 Transaction Header Record for Data Transfer of Routings

Level2 ZBIMPL Batch Input Structure for Allocation of Mat. to Task Lists

Level2 ZBIPKO Batch Input Structure for Task List Header

Level2 ZBIPPO Batch input structure for task list operation

Level2 ZBIPMK Inspection characteristics for batch input of task lists

So ZBI001 is at the top, the others at the lower level than ZBI001

Then the source structures should be assigned to target structure like this:

ZBI001 assigned to both BI000 and BI001

ZBIMPL assigned to BIMPL

ZBIPKO assigned to BIPKO

BIPPO assigned to BIPPO

ZBIPMK assigned to BIPMK

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xiaojun,

Thanks for your so prompt reply!

I created source structures exactly as suggested by you. Now I got stuck at step number 9 i.e. Read Data. I am getting following error

Identification specifications missing for source structure 'ZBI001'.

Message no. /SAPDMC/LSMW_OBJ_070013

Letu2019s consider for the sake of understanding and simplicity I am taking only one material. It has only one operation and the same operation has two MICs.

I think I am blundering at file preparation. I did in following way,

1. Prepared five separate excel files for BI001, BIMPL, BIPKO, BIPPO, and BIPMK respectively.

2. Kept same field sequence as one can see in object overview for each of these structures.

3. Opened another blank excel sheet.

4. I started pasting records sequentially starting from BI001 to BIPMK (excluding fieldsu2019 name) in the new blank excel sheet. e.g. first line for BI001 second line for BIMPL and so on.

5. Converted to .txt file.

6. Followed all guidelines as given by you for step number 7. That is tabulator and other settings as written by you.

Xiaojun, one more thing I did not understand is,

Then Step 5, you may find there are RECTY and default settings are "00" "99" "01" "03" "09" "18" for BI000, BI001, BIMPL, BIPKO, BIPPO and BIPMK. Let alone "99" and imput these value to field "RECTY" in corresponding source structure fields

What exactly has to be done with 99?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am following the above procedure to the very details but still facing the understated issue:

Identification specifications missing for source structure 'ZBI001'.

Secondly I was not very clear about the RECTY values as well.............would really appreciate some ones quick repsonse on this issue.

Regards

Subhash

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member225637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

In the below Fields i can able to find any Qualitative Charecteristic( *QUALITAT)* , the below field is applicable for only Quantitative Charecteristics or for both Quali and Quanti

VORNR Activity 004

MERKNR Characteristic no. 004

VERWMERKM MIC 008

KURZTEXT Description 040

QUANTITAT Quantitative Characteristic 001

TOLERUNTEN Lower Value Tick 001

TOLEROBEN Upper Value Tick 001

SOLLPRUEF Target Value Tick 001

PRUEFKAT Reference to Attributive insp required 001

STICHPR Sampling procedure tick 001

LZEITKZ Long Term Inspection 001

FORMELMK Calculated Characteristic 001

MESSWERTE Measured Value Must Be Recorded 001

PMMZWANG Assignment of test equipment 001

STELLEN Decimals 002

MASSEINHSW Unit Of MIC 006

TOLERANZUN Lower Limit 016

TOLERANZOB Upper Limit 016

SOLLWERT Target 016

FORMEL1 Formula Filed 060

PMETHODE Inspection Method 008

AUSWMENGE1 Assigned selected set 008

STICHPRVER Sampling Procedure 008

QPMK_REF Reference to MIC 001

QPMK_ZAEHL Plant of MIC 004

SPCKRIT SPC Criteria 010

MKVERSION MIC Version 006

PLNNR Group 008

PLNAL Group Counter 002

Thanks & Regards

Raj

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for al of yoursu2019 contribution to this thread. Special thanks go to Xiaojun ZHANG for so valuable efforts.

My problem is resolved now.

I proceeded with following steps,

1. Defined 4 source structures Header, Material Assignment to group, Operation, and MIC

2. Material assignment group is at lower level to Header

3. Operation is at same level to header

4. MIC is at lower level to Operation

5. Defined required filed in step number 3 of LSMW

6. In step 4, Header is assigned to BI000, BI001 and to BIPKO. Material assignment to BIPML, Operation to BIPPO and MIC to BIPMK

7. In step 5 field PROFIDNET= 0000001 and rest of fields auto mapped. We can apply other rules also as per requirements.

8. Prepared 4 separate excel sheets for each of these structures and specified files at a time as data for one source structure (Table) and field name at the start of file.

9. Rest of the procedures as it is.

I tried to upload sequential file, unfortunately I could not succeed. However I am still trying for the same and will come back to all of you if something fruitful happens.

Thanks to all of you once again!

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

don't go for LSMW do it by BDC with the help of Abaper

thanks

vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recommend not to go for recorded LSMW of Inspection plan. Use Standard Object as detailed below -

Standard Object - 0240 (Inspection Plans (QM)

Method - 0000 (Batch Input)

Programme Name - RCPTRA01 (Batch Input)

You can maintain 3 level structures -

Header Data

\-->

Operation Data

\-->

Characteristics Data

You can maintain following fields in each level -

Header Level

MATNR - Material

WERKS - Plant

PLNNR - Group

PLNAL - Group Counter

DATUV - Calid From

VERWE - Usage

STATU - Status

LOSVN - From Lot Size

LOSBS - To Lot Size

KTEXT - Short Text

PLNME - Unit of Measure

QDYNHEAD - Level of Dynamic Modification Rule

QDYNREGEL - Dynamic Modification Rule

LIFNR - Vendor Number

Operation Level -

MATNR - Material (This will act as counter for header & Operation level data)

VORNR - Operation Number

STEUS - Control Key

ARBPL - Work Center

WERKS - Plant

LTXA1 - Short Text

MEINH - Operation Unit

BMSCH - Base Quantity

PLNNR - Group

PLNAL - Group Counter

Characteristics -

VORNR - Operation Number (This will act as counter between Operation & Charactereisctisc data)

MERKNR - Characteristics Number

VERWMERKM - MIC Number

KURZTEXT - Short Text

QUANTITAT - Indicator for Quantitative Characteristics

STICHPRVER - SAmpling Procedure

QPMK_REF - Reference to MIC

QPMK_ZAEHL - Plant of MIC

SPCKRIT - SPC Criteria

MKVERSION - Version of MIC

PLNNR - Group

PLNAL - Group Counter

You can take additiona field if required.

Assign these structures to correct structures of LSMW & map the fields.

You will be able to run the LSMW.

Regards,

Prashant

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks very much for your valuable solution!

I am trying by your solution. I have one query whether we need to run separate LSMWs for each of these levels. I mean 1 for header level, 2nd for operation level, 3rd for characteristic level? This is because you have mentioned MATNR twice in template; 1 at header level and another at operation level. Maintain Source Fields_ here duplicate fields are not allowed.

Thanks in advance

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Apart from all these stuff there is one STD program available in SAP to upload inspection plan. i came across these program regarding to resolve one of the issue came to me and i found it. But then other solution worked for me and we dropped to use this program. But guess it may be useful to you.

The program is RCPTRA01

Regards,

Shyamal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Wish you and to all SAPians many happy new year!

I tried by standard batch input method for inspection plan task list. It also runs the same program RCPTRA01 as mentioned by you. But I get following error

No profile with entry tool for task list Q TEST123 / in session QM_INSPPLANS with message number CP855

Well it seems that field PROFIDNETZ is mandatory. This is routing profile. Initially I kept it blank. Error continued. Then I put it as 0000001. The profile is under application P i.e. for production. If I put it and run the LSMW it creates batch input session. But gets stuck at group counter. I have to put it manually.

What needs to be done so that system will generate group counter automatically? And at the same time I do not wish to put profile field. If I remove this field from source fields while convertind data system throws dump prompting to put PROFIDNETZ mandatorily.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1. I created 3 source structures Header, Operation, characteristic at lower level to first structure i.e. Header, operation, characteristic

Header

MATNR Material Number 018

WERKS Plant 004

PLNNR Group 008

PLNAL Group Counter of Assigned Task List 002

DATUV Valid From 010

VERWE Usage 003

STATU Status 003

LOSVN Lot Size from 017

LOSBS Lot Size to 017

KTEXT Task List Description 040

PLNME Unit of Measure 003

QDYNHEAD Level of Dynamic Modification Rule 001

QDYNREGEL Dynamic Modification Rule 003

LIFNR Vendor Number 010

Operation:

MATNR Material 018

VORNR Activity 004

STEUS Control key 004

ARBPL Work center 008

WERKS Plant 004

LTXA1 Operation short text 040

MEINH Display Unit/Measure 003

BMSCH Base Quantity in Operation 040

PLNNR Group 008

PLNAL Group Counter 002

Characteristics

VORNR Activity 004

MERKNR Characteristic no. 004

VERWMERKM MIC 008

KURZTEXT Description 040

QUANTITAT Quantitative Characteristic 001

TOLERUNTEN Lower Value Tick 001

TOLEROBEN Upper Value Tick 001

SOLLPRUEF Target Value Tick 001

PRUEFKAT Reference to Attributive insp required 001

STICHPR Sampling procedure tick 001

LZEITKZ Long Term Inspection 001

FORMELMK Calculated Characteristic 001

MESSWERTE Measured Value Must Be Recorded 001

PMMZWANG Assignment of test equipment 001

STELLEN Decimals 002

MASSEINHSW Unit Of MIC 006

TOLERANZUN Lower Limit 016

TOLERANZOB Upper Limit 016

SOLLWERT Target 016

FORMEL1 Formula Filed 060

PMETHODE Inspection Method 008

AUSWMENGE1 Assigned selected set 008

STICHPRVER Sampling Procedure 008

QPMK_REF Reference to MIC 001

QPMK_ZAEHL Plant of MIC 004

SPCKRIT SPC Criteria 010

MKVERSION MIC Version 006

PLNNR Group 008

PLNAL Group Counter 002

2. I maintained following structure relations

BI000 - Header Data

BI001 - Header Data

BIMPL - Header Data

BIPKO - Header Data

BIPPO - Operation data

BIPMK - Characteristics Data

3. I prepared separate *.txt files each one for header, operation and characteristic separately and specified these 3 files in PC fronted legacy data.

4. Then system threw error for routing profile not maintained.

5. I made it constant i.e. filed Routing profile PROFIDNETZ kept constant.

6. That error eliminated

7. Another problem has come. System is not going for second MIC. I mean after successful updation of data at header and operation level, when characteristic level reached, system has considered only one MIC while in the file I have mentioned two MICs.

Queries,

1. What I am exactly missing that system is not going to second step MIC and not saving the data at characteristic level. Header and operation level are getting saved.

2. I also donu2019t want routing profile u2018PROFIDNETZu2019 as mandatory filed.

3. My scenario is also to change tolerance values in inspection plan for limited MICs.

I would be very thankful if any one of you can suggest a valuable solution.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Anand Rao

tanuj_parikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

I have also faced this kind of problem in which uploading thru one PC was working fine but with same program on another PC/User ID it was throwing additional windows that were not recorded. In my case, the theme set for the PC/User ID where the problem occured was ENJOY, I set it to Normal and LSMW worked OK.

You should check this kind of possibility also.

Regards,

Tanuj Parikh

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanuj,

Thanks for reply.

This seems to be funny! Yeah I tried with settings suggested by you. I used theme as streamline with normal color setting. Itu2019s not working. LSMW gets recorded also but it records unnecessary fields also. Whether I should use standard LSMW proposed by SAP? I mean is it not possible to record LSMW for QP01 transaction?

Best Regards,

Anand Rao