cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time format in smartforms:Text modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am producing some smartforms, invitations for E-recruitment.

I want to my time to show like HH:MM instead of HH:MM:SS, so basically remove the :SS.

My smartform consists of a smartform with a text module (client wants to be able to manually modify this text, that why the text module in the smartform).

The field I use is &EVENT-EVENT_TIME&

Within the smartform I am able to change the time to HH:MM by adding (5) --> &EVENT-EVENT_TIME(5)& . This works fine within the smartform but NOT in the text module.

I am everything but a smartform expert, so can someone explain me why and how to change?

Removing text module is not an option..

Thank you!

Edited by: N. Lodewijk on Nov 26, 2008 1:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found that even though the form stays 'active' when I changed the text module. I haad to re-activate the form.

So the '(5)' works even for text modules, but don't forget to activate! 😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

go fr includetext it will help ur user to maintain also and in that write ur event statemnt in that window

regards,

prashanti

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will work if your text module contain the variable like &EVENT-EVENT_TIME(5)& and attach it into the smartform as the Text Node type Include Text.

In your case your users should remember to maintain the text and variable in this format.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please use comamnd SET TIME MASK = 'HH:MM' before printing time and now time appeares as you are looking for.

Regards,

Prasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For me alternative way in your case looks like.

1) get the text in to internal table using READ_TEXT Function module and make a loop in the internal table and Play around depending on your requirement and move the final result into another internal table.

2) Call loop node instead of text module and call your looping text in text node inside the loop.

Thanks,

Sree.