cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

requirements of netweaver 7.0 on 32-bit windows, oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was looking at the product availability matrix

[https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001303&_EVENT=DISP_NEW&00200682500000002804=01200615320900001250]

and it said that i could install the netweaver on a windows 32 bits using oracle. But the corresponding instalation guide (can't find the link right now) doesn't have a minimun system requirement for a 32-bit central instance.

anyone knows if it's impossible or not recommended to have a central instance on a 32 bit machine?

the number of users will be about 100, so it doesn't need huge machinery

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the corresponding instalation guide (can't find the link right now) doesn't have a minimun system requirement for a 32-bit central instance.

There is no different installation guide for 32 and 64 bit Windows. The installation guide is for Windows / Oracle. however, there are some steps in this doc which is specific for 32 or 64 bit Windows. ( like Swap space etc.. )

anyone knows if it's impossible or not recommended to have a central instance on a 32 bit machine?

the number of users will be about 100, so it doesn't need huge machinery

Yes, Since its there in PAM, you can. Its not impossible. since there will be just 100 users, i guess you can move ahead. It will not create any issue.

Cheers,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks jazz,

i found the installation guide i was reading

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001516342008E

i guess you can move ahead. It will not create any issue.

but i could move ahead with which system configuration?

my main problem is determining RAM and processor. Since windows 32-bit doesn't allocate more than 2GB of RAM for a single process, is it usefull to have more than 3GB for example?

in order to size (or at least have a minimun size of) the processor, do i have to use the quicksizer? i found out that the quick sizer is too complex for my little mind.

and why is there no minimun system config?

Regards,

Thiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

As of SR3 you CAN'T install the NW on 32 bit platform ... 32 bit it's not recomended in any case (if you have for example SR2) ...

Regards.

Answers (0)