cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Profile-availabilty Control-need to change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my scenario they are using the availability control for the overall budget.

I need to make changes in the setting so that it should work against the annual releases budget.

My concern is, if i will make changes in the relevant budget profile, then all the existing projects with the same budget profile will have the new availability control in place? ..pls correct me..

I guess yes will the answer.

Let say what if i need to have this functionality in place for only one project.

Please provide ur inputs

Thanks & Regards,

Kamal Rana

Edited by: Kamal Rana on Nov 26, 2008 12:42 PM

Edited by: Kamal Rana on Nov 26, 2008 12:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

I think you can maintain different budget profiles for differnt project profile.

Use one budget profile for one project profile where you want overall values.

And use another budger profile for another project profile where you want it for releases.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand what you are saying but that is valid for the new project not for the existing projects.

Let say there are 10 projects with the same budget profile. User has raised this problem related to the single project that the availability check should change from overall to annual release value of budget.

So my question is, after making the relevant changes in the budget profile, will it affect all the 10 projects?

And one more thing is there, to have the same functionality in place we need to run reconstruct availability control(CJBN) in this transaction we need to provide project definition range ....now what does it mean by providing a specific project definition.. can we restrict our functionality to that project only(means all other 9 projects will not have the same affect)..Please provide your input to implement the new availability control in the existing project.

Please provide your inputs...i would be very thankful to U.

Regards,

Kamal Rana

former_member219195
Participant
0 Kudos

You can create the new budget profile with required availability check and can assign this budget profile to the project. then reconstruct the availability check. if you make changes to existing budget profile then there is every possibility that somebody will reconstruct availabily check for the projects which are not intended and it will messed up the things.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have asked two things here.

1. Availability Control.

If you change in Budget profile make availability control against release budget than It will affter the all the exsiting project which are using this budget profile.

As Madhusudan told , You can create new required availability control budget profile & assign it to project.

2.In CJBN you can also give only one Project defination. If you are changing the existing budget profile make sure your teammat/ user should not give other project def. / project range.

regards

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Patoliya on Nov 27, 2008 11:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I appreciate your help.

Considering your first point to have change in availability control form the existing setup we are following up these steps:

1 Change the budget profile availability control settings for release budget.( In this case)

2.Make correction in the tolerance limit if u need so.

3. Run Reconstruct Availability control (CJBN) for all the existing projects where ever that particular change has be to implemented correct?

If you have run the reconstruct availability control only for single project then the new functionality will be implemented for that project only correct?

Please answer this also...Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Kamal Rana

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kiran,

Yes , If you have run the reconstruct availability control only for single project then the new functionality will be implemented for that project only.

If you are going torun in LIve system than just re-confirm it in Testing system.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while i was running the reconstruct Availability control i came cross the below fact:

Recommendation

SAP recommends that you reconstruct the PS Info Database with transaction CJEN before activating availability control

Is it mandantory to run this?

Regards,

Kamal Rana

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

running CJEN at any time cannot harm your system

so if SAP has recommended then I suggest that you do it

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kamal,

You want to run reconstruct availability control for the project i.e Txn CJBN. normally we are running this txn when we does cahnge in config. like You change one of the following indicators in the settings for the availability control in the budget profile for orders or projects:

Overall

Releases

Object currency

Please refer SAP note no. 922295 which describes the action to be taken after making these changes so that the availability control continues to work correctly.

After changing the settings for the availability control you must deactivate the availability control data and then reconstruct it.

For projects, use the following transactions to do this:

CJBW (deactivation)

CJBN (reconstruction)

Note

It is not sufficient to simply reconstruct the availability control (Transaction KO31 or CJBN) without deactivating it first!

-

I have taken extract of note SAP note. 922295 above.

I request you to try with above, if after following that sys pop up Recommendation message, Please follow that as CJEN is for the updating/ correcting The project information database - table RPSCO for following reports.

Hierarchy Reports

Structure Overview

Progress Analysis (earned value)

Project Planning Board.

As Virendra quoted "running CJEN at any time will not harm your system" Because same is made for the correcting your reporting table.

Regards

Nitin

Answers (0)