SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of Business set IS-Utilities Vs. FICA (Contract AR and Payable)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are unto Implementaion project and in initial stages of Realization. We are on ECC6.0 version.

As it is exclusive FICA project <no metering,Billing & Invoicing >.We activated only Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable as Business Function set.

Now we are told that in future we may have to do billing and invoicing as well in SAP. Hence planning to activate Utilities as the Business Function set.

My Questions are:

1. Is it possible to change the activation from Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable to Utilities?

2. If so, shall be there any impact? If so, to what extent?

3. If we use Utilities can we implement only FICA? Do Contract, Move-in, Move-out is mandatory? We are creating Business Partners and Contract accounts through Migration.We do not have contracts, move-in or move-out as of now.

Your thoughts & helps is appreciated on this.

If any one has any documentation on 'change of Application area', can you please forward to me?

Thanks and Regards

Jude

judekevin22 at the rate yahoocom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have posted additional question relating to the earlier question

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

As i understand from your problem that you have activated a BFS(business function set) only for FICA and now you want to change it as you will be needing other modules like billing and device management etc.

In that case ,at the start of the implementation we need to select tht BFS which corresponds to your industry solution and moreover you can activate one BFS for each instance.Now answering your questions one by one:

1) You can change the activation from FICA to Utilities which is known as BFS Utilities and consists of BF ISU_UTIL_WASTE and BFS ISU_FM.They contain all the modules i.e FICA,Billing,Device management etc .which you want to use.But for this you need to deactivate the previous BFS which you have activated.

2) The impact will be that your previous settings will be erased and you need to start from fresh.

3) If you use utilities ,Move -in ,Move -out is mandatory because a bill will not be generated unless a move -in is done i.e unless a contract is created and an installation is done.

Hope it helps..Pls award pts if it does.

Regards,

Richa

0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

I am sorry for the delayed reply.

Your reply was very useful.

In our project currently we are not using billing functionality of SAP Utilities. We get this done through third party and posted into FICA through interface. As such there will be no Contract, move-in, move-out.Only to have the functionality of billing through SAP in future the client would like to have the BFS as Utilities.

I would also like to know ''if we activate BFS as Utilities will there be any additional cost involved?'' (licensing costs) or will this change from FICA extension to Utilities as Business Function set involve any additional complexity?

Thanks and Regards

Jude

Edited by: Jude Bosco on Nov 28, 2008 4:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have posted additional question relating to the earlier question

0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

If you want to change the utility because your client needs that for future enhancements you can do that. Although you are getting the other module done through a third party,that is also no problem.

No regarding licence cost,changing the BFS does not involve an extra licensing cost .It totally depends on the SAP channel manager to change it but generally the base cost remains the same.It does not change.

Pls award pts if helpful.

Regards,

Richa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Richa for your reply. It is very useful reply.

Regards

Jude