cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales returns to factory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have a scenario where customer is sending stocks return to factory , so can u plz tell me the process , and what are the documents are going to update like RG23D.....

regards,

ram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to create a return order with / without refering the orginal invoice.

(ii) Do PGR to reverse the stock, if required post to quality stock or to unrestricted use.

(iii) Raise Credit Note with Ref to Return Order (copy control VTFA order to billing)

(iv) Avail Modvat credit through J1IH- other Adjustment (JV)

Regards,

R.Janakiraman

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear GSC ,

thank u very much.

regards,

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raghupathy and lakshmipathy,

First of all thank u very much , and i wud like to know how the excise transaction will happen. can u tell me step by step process, coz i need to do in the production server.

regards,

ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create Return Delivery through T.Code VL01N & do PGR (Post Goods Receipt). This will add the stock to blocked stock. This will take care of Inventory.

For updating of excise related sales returns,

goto T.Code J1IH

For crediting the Customer account --Choose the u2018Additional Exciseu2019 enter original excise invoice reference, year, company code, plant and excise group and execute. enter the value manually & save .

for debiting the Cenvat account --Choose u2018Other Adjustmentsu2019 and here also same as above

rgds

gsc

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

ANYMORE CONTRIBUTIONS REGARDING THIS PROCESS..

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram

From configuration side, you need to consider the following:-

- Have a return order (standard type RE) in vov8

- Have an item category in VOV7

- Have credit memo in VOFA

- Copy controls from billing (F2) to return order in VTFA

- Copy control for return delivery from return order in VTLA

- Copy control for PGR to credit memo in VTFL

- Copy control for credit memo to return order (in case, goods are not returned by customer)

- Have necessary G/L Account Assignments in VKOA. May be here, you can have the combination of Order Reason

Now the transaction starts

- In VA01, you have to create a return order referencing original billing document

- Create a return delivery for the goods rejected

- Post the goods to quality clearance (of course, movement type 655 will take care of this which you should assign in your schedule line category)

- Generate credit memo to the tune of returned goods value and credit the customer

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi