SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning Procedure

rajesh_vasudeb
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

There is a provision to dun the customers at contract level and not at 'contract a/c' level as the 2 contracts have 2 seperate dunning procedures. The contract a/c consist of 2 contracts which need to be dunned on 2 seperate procedures.

Can any one of you advice me how to proceed on such a sceneario???

Please help!!

Regards

Rajesh

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can maintain Dunning procedure at contract account level or u can maintain the dunning procedure at line item level. Line item level procedure will have priority over the contract account level during dunning run. U get more information on the below link.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/28/c72c427a3aca7ee10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Also chk page 2 tab of the contract ES22 where u have dunning procedure field . it may help.

Regards

Haricharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Dunning procedure can be defined both at the contract level as well as the contract account level.

Chk out Tab 3 at Contract account level -> CAA2

Also chk out Tab 2 at Contract Level -> ES21

Regards,

Richa Tyagi

rajesh_vasudeb
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info, Richa , but Please tell me any special configuration is to be done to pick the Dunning procedure from the "Contract" Level and not from the "Contract Account" during a Dunning Run?

Your Help will be Highly Appericated.

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh Vasudev on Nov 27, 2008 6:33 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

There is no special configuration required for Dunning at contract level.Infact, the Line item level procedure will have priority over the contract account level during dunning run.

During dunning proposal run(FPVA) ,you just need to specify the business partner and his contract against which you are dunning him..No need to specify a contract account in that case.

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Richa Tyagi

0 Kudos

No Madam, i tried, it is not working.

Rajesh

rajesh_vasudeb
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Haricharan,

Could you please tell me what extra configuration is to be done to Dun the OI at Line item Level.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also define a grouping rule at contract account level, grouping the dunning at contract level and according to dunning procedures.

Let me know if this would be OK.

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Dear Bodgan,

I included the Division field name also ie,"SPART" also in the Dunning Grouping as Contract is division wise. But again in the dunning run it is picking from the "Contract Level" and not from "Contract ' level.

Regards,

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Try using field VTREF (contract) as a grouping criterion (field "grouping category in dunning notice" in contract account), along with the other criteria. Path: Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable \ Business Transactions \ Dunning Notices \ Define Dunning Grouping Categories.

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

I would like to suggest something that SAP Documentation of the Menu path you gave above says that this Dunning grouping cannot include 'contract account' or 'contract' as grouping criteria.

Regards,

Richa

0 Kudos

Hi, Richa

I quote from what I think you extracted your info:

"If you intend to group a business partner's dunnable items and these belong to more than one contract account, you must ensure that you assign the same grouping category to each of the business partner's contract accounts. Note that this grouping category cannot include contract account or contract as grouping criteria."

This is basically an example of how to do the grouping and, if you want to group items from more than one contract account, it is clear that you shouldn't use the contract account or the contract as a grouping criteria, because you will get groups of open items which have the same contract account or the same contract. This means your goal (grouping items from more than one contract account) would not be reached.

Hope this clears it.

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

Thnx for cleaaring the point!!!

Regards,

Richa

0 Kudos

Thanks for the Info

Regards

Rajesh