cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro Java change fails because of DTR login failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Netweaver experts,

I have a strange problem during developing with Netweaver 2004 SP 20 Developer Workplace on a Web Dynpro Java project :

If I try to change the source code the Developer Studio asks to login to a DTR-server. This is strange since I'm already logged into NWDI using the Development Configurations Perspective. I can also create activities using the Activation View a.s.o.

If I log in the Developer Studio after my Developer Studio asked for that it seems to connect to my NWDI but if I try to change my source afterwards it asks for the log in again.

Is it possible that there's another DTR configured for my project than for all the other project in my Developer Studio ?

How can I find logfiles or other hints about what's going wrong on my Developer Studio ?

Do you have any hints what could be wrong with my project ?

If I can configure another DTR for my project, where could I do it ?

Hope someone can help...

Best regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's one area that you might want to look at: your NWDS version. But the DI components in the studio are understood to be backward and forward compatible. NWDS should be synchronized with your Runtime System - and your NWDI could be more recent in SP Level than your Runtime System and your Studio SP/version.

Moreover, at least on my point of view, this problem is not really server-side but on your IDE. So perhaps patching it might fix this issue..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

SAP Note Number: 751640 "How To Configure Logging For NWDI Developer Studio" explains how to configure NWDS logging, so you can see what is going on.

Regards,

Slava