cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate record created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Gurus,

I am facing a typical issue wherein a duplicate record is being created.

Scenario :

I have a Material record which has a Qualied table Plant. There is a lookup Flat field into which the data which was being imported wrongly. Now, I did manage to import and update the correct value in my local machine. But when i am trying to import the same in my development server, it is geting updated with the correct value but at the same time a duplicate Plant is created with my user name.

Please suggest

BR SK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi susil,

By default the import action for qualified table will be Append. Change the Import map and do not map qualified table fields. Map only the fields to be updated.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go in the map of the import manager on the plant field, use context to do "Qualified update" and select "update". In the following window, you'll find all Qualifiers on which you can match, usually choose none. For new records you choose "Create" for existing records, choose "update".

With this way you can control the import for each qualified lookup table separately. The general setting

can be made in the Config - Qualified update.

The duplicates are not easy to filter - just change the display field in the qualified lookup to identify your dups.

Regards

Jutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can delete Duplicate records in Data Manager.