cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Objects for DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have linked the HR object PLOGI in DMS document type. I have created a document by giving object link with plan version , object type and object ID.

Please guide me where i can be able to see the document in HR. What needs to be done to be available in HR transaction

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should able to see the Document in the Additional Data tab for the corresponding transaction in HR.

Regards

Aby

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

But my client wants to take it through DMS. Please advice. I am trying to get as per ABY. But still not finding the link

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no standard inteface to DMS through HR. You would need to create this as a custom object.

I suggest you "educate" your client on the functionality and which is the correct functionality to use. Most customer want to use DMS because they are simply unaware of archivelink.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I want to link training documents. Please give any suggestions on the same

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Training documents can be linked. The advantage with ArchiveLink is the authorisations follow infotypes which reduces the authorisation maintenance requirements because their is only one authorisation object to use.

To configure archivelink, you need to setup a document type (oac2), then configure the document type against the object (oad5). From there, to link authorisations to the info type, you need to configure a table found under HR in spro (Optical Archiving).

Former Member
0 Kudos

What types of documents are you storing against HR? DMS is not normally the recommendation storage area for HR. ArchiveLink should be used.

AB
Contributor
0 Kudos

The HR applications were technically decoupled from logistics sometime around R/3 4.0. They were decoupled so HR could run on a separate instance - even if you don't.

By using the logistics Document Management System to associate documents with HR are you inadvertently creating a dependency which, if you ever came to run HR in a separate system, will cause you some headaches?

Use Archivelink instead.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aby

My client wants the link in PP01. Is it possible to able to see or let me know in which transaction we will be able to see it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh

You can see it in PP01 itself. But I am not sure exactly where in PP01 u can see that.

usually there should be a tab called additonal data, and in that anthr tab called document . There u shud be able to see it. Or there should be any icon (mail with a clip) which says "Attach Document"

Try this too..

Go to cv02n and in the DIR , go to object linking.

U shud see HR object if u have attached PLOGI object

Attach HR object frm DIR

Now go to PP01 and try to see any tab related to Document

It may be also possiblle that u have suppresed some field in corresponding back end setting and u r not able to see the Document tab

Regards

Aby