cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI-Java / Technical configuration of BI-Java - Problems and an errror!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am currently having an issue when setting up our BI Development Environment and connecting to our SLD.

The error I am getting is this:

Validation Error: Test SLD connection:It was not possible to test the SLD system (SLD_HOST) with the user (SLD_ADMIN) and its password given in the property sheet. Please verify and retype the values in the corresponding fields. You can also go to visual administrator -> "SID" -> Server xx -> Services -> Configuration adaptor -> CTC -> Propertysheet SystemProperties, make sure that the parameters related to SLD are correctly typed and rerun the template.

We have a BI Administrator user: BIADMIN which has the same permissions as the SAPJSF account.

We know the SLD is working and all the passwords are correct but we still get this error.

Can anyone help or point me to a log which could solve this?

Thanks

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil

This error occurs because the Java engine fails to connect to the SLD server. Though our SLD test everything seems good still it wont. Please follow the below procedure, hope you should be able to solve it.

• Create an user SLDDSUSER at all the servers with all permissions, admin, communication everything.

• Go to configtool and update the CTC property sheet with your SLDDSUSER crendentials.

• Change the SLD DataSupplier Service crendentials accordingly with SLDDSUSER credentials.

• Restart the server.

Now you should be able to get rid of the error.

Please let me know if anything and award points if helpful

Note: This problem happens when we have BIJava and BI on seperate servers. (Dual stack Installation)

Thanks, Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that, however I have a question - what do you mean by:

Change the SLD DataSupplier Service crendentials accordingly with SLDDSUSER credentials

Cheers

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Login to visual admin and select the service SLD Data Supplier service, you will have to update the credentials for SLD.

let me know if anything.

Thanks, Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now we have tried every possible variation and it still does not work.

Is there anyway to configure this manually?