SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portion creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Could anyone please guide me what are the requirements and what to do to create portion and then MRU.

Please guide and explain the process.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Nov 26, 2008 8:13 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

*Portion:* Grouping of contracts that you want to bill together

Meter Reading Unit:Installations grouped together according to region, consisting of the devices installed there and their registers. Installations are grouped this way for purpose of meter reading and device management. The meter reading unit is the basis for the meter reading worklist.

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

*Portion:* Grouping of contracts that you want to bill together

Meter Reading Unit:Installations grouped together according to region, consisting of the devices installed there and their registers. Installations are grouped this way for purpose of meter reading and device management. The meter reading unit is the basis for the meter reading worklist.

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Please guide me the process for creating the portion and mru and what are the things that are required to be maintained while creating a new portion.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

Creating the Portions:

SPRO->SAP Utilities->Basic Functions->Portioning and Scheduling->Define Portions.

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

Please Allot Points if it helps.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide about related links that will affect or need to be maintained.

Thanks and Kind Regards

0 Kudos

Portion:

Go to SAP Easy Acess menu and chose utility industry ->Schedule Master Record ->Portion-> Create .

Meter Reading Unit :

Go to SAP Easy Acess menu and chose utility industry ->Schedule Master Record ->Meter Reading Unit ->Create .

Ensure that you have to maintain Period keys.

IMG->Financial Accounting (New)->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Basic Functions->Postings and Documents->Document->Maintain Document Assignments->Define Period Keys

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Please tell me what are the necessary things we need to care about.

Please tell me if we are only creating a new portion and we are assigning this portion to an already existing mru. The installations under that mru are already getting billed based on previous portion.

Now if i assign the new portion to that mru...when we create the MROs for one particular month then instead of creating one mro for each installation two MROs are getting created.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

I guess for creating new MRO will be created on basis of new portion.

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

0 Kudos

I guess for creating new MRO will be created on basis of new portion.

Meter reading units can only be created if a portion already exists.

Several MRU can be allocated to one portion.

Meter Reading Unit from the basis for meter reading.

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi,

A new periodic MRO created with dates which defined on Meter Reading Unit. This Dates ,basicly,taken from the Portion dates (In Portion Creation,you must define the first date and Period Characteristics..) .

After that you must define Schedule Records to A portion and to the MRU.You do that through EA43.

After this step, you can see your Schedule Records in E43C Transation.

Now,You can use EL01 / EL06 / EL09 to perform Meter Reading Order.

Best regards,

Michael.

If it Helps, Please add points !

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please tell me how can we change the value in 'end of bill. per.' field in a portion.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

This field is not possible to change.

From this date the Meter Reading Dates taken !

Try to create New portion and move the MRUs to the new portion.

Hope you understood.

Thank you for the Rate!

Have a great day and good luck !