cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP error-Unable to create new pooled resource: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ft

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario where XI receives a Idoc and based on the contents of Idoc, It will generate 5 different files and send it to the external FTP server.We configured 5 receiver channels for these 5 files.

When this interface runs, most of the files will be delivered but some of the messages will be errored out.

The receiver channel has shown the following error-

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx

I tried to resend them by temperorily stopping other channels to reduce connections to this FTP server.But these messages again resulted with same error.

Can someone suggest what might be the cause for this error.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarjun,

To see the connection pool do the following thing.

View the parameters for a connection using the Administrator

In the Adapters menu in the Administrator navigation area, click EntireX Adapter.

On the Connections screen, click the View icon for the connection you want to see. The View Connection screen displays the parameters for the connection. For descriptions of the connection parameters, see Configuring EntireX Adapter Connections.

Click Return to EntireX Adapter Connections to return to the main connections screen.

However I have a strong urge that ur problem should be resolved by CPA cache refresh...Seconldly I hope u have checked all the sender agreement for the files which are failing are proper.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did the CPA cache refresh...But the problem still persists...

Where to check this connection pool parameters..on FTP server? or any settings on XI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As I am not sure about the problem so U just try all of the option I am writing below. It may help u as these are the probable solutions for this problem.

1.perform Full CPA cache refresh using PIDIRUSER

2.The problem seems to be in establishing the connection with the File server . This could be due to

a. Wrong user name or password in receiver adapter .

b. Firewall connection are not open

actually you are saying that some files are being delivered so all the file has to be deliverd on same server on diffrent directory or all files are going on diffrent server at present I am assuming that all files are going on diffrent server so please check UID & PWD properly.if they are on same server but diff. directory it can be easily done using one Communication channel only.

3. Finally please check the errorneous communication channel .

to check your communication channels are working fine or not you can check in channel monitoring in PI7.0, adapter monitoring in Xi3.0.

if you are on PI7.0, goto RWBCache monitoring select AE and cilck disply-select the date todays--check everything is greent here

4.Please check your maximal connection pool .

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saurabh,

Its same server and directory (we used create directory in Receiver channel configuration).we created 5 different channels because of different file structures(FCC is different ).

The problem is not with particular channel.When ever this interface runs it will generate some 15 files( three files per each of 5 different types).All of them will be delivered except some 2 or 3 files(of different types) will be errored every time.

You mentioned about maximal connection pool .How to check that..Bcoz that might be usefull in resolving this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check wether server started or not and then check you are connecting to FTP server by

go to run -> cmd and write ping and ipaddress which is used and see whether u r getting reponse from teh FTP server.

Try to login to the ftp server which you have mentioned in CC using the user name and pwd, to chk whether you have the permissions to login to the server.

Also the check whether the folder you are trying to access is having permission for delete/read/write.

Restart the FTP server and try it again.

Regards

Goli Sridhar

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error is seen when the no. of connections to FTP server increases.Check your FTP server there must be some option to configure maximum number of connections.

Increase the no. of connections and try again.

Thanks!

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There might be something wrong with FTP connection.

Go through this weblog to check ur FTP setting :

use similar thread