Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating user group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team

I had a few queries can u suggest.

1. creating user group in one system?

2. How to transport this user group to different clients in the same system?

3. How to transport this user group to different clients to other system in the same SLD?

4. How to transport this user group to different clients to other systems in othe SLD?

SLD(System Landscape)

Feebacks are greatly appreciated.

Regards

Bhaskar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

You can created the user groups by using tcode SUGR. However there is no need to transport the user groups. You can create the same user group in DEV,QA and Prod systems and add the user on logon data.

There is also one another way to assign user group :-

You can assign the user to user group on groups tab in SU01 tcode. Assignments that you make on the Groups tab page are not used for authorization checks that are specified on the Logon data tab page using the user group field.

Regards,

Sneha

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

no need for transport just recreate in other systems.

0 Kudos

Hi

Is there any procedure to do if so.

can u explain in detail..

Regards

Bhaskar.T

Edited by: bhaskar1818 on Nov 26, 2008 12:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

You can created the user groups by using tcode SUGR. However there is no need to transport the user groups. You can create the same user group in DEV,QA and Prod systems and add the user on logon data.

There is also one another way to assign user group :-

You can assign the user to user group on groups tab in SU01 tcode. Assignments that you make on the Groups tab page are not used for authorization checks that are specified on the Logon data tab page using the user group field.

Regards,

Sneha

0 Kudos

Hi sneha

Thanks for your feedback, but we are having a huge no of clients in dev, qas and prd.

Nearly 40+ clinets in each. so roughly 120+clients.

so can u advice me is there any way to move into all of the clients at a time.

I mean like transport or any program. which makes our manual effort reduced.

Regards

Bhaskar

0 Kudos

I think you want to look at the possibilities of "transporting tables".

If you search the forums at the highest level you're bound to get some info about how to do that.

The user groups are in table USGRP and their texts in USGRPT.

0 Kudos

You find the necessary information here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/47/1e533e5ff4d064e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Kind regards,

Lodewijk

0 Kudos

Question here is the amount of maintenance. I doubt all 120 systems are productive systems?

so why bother to have ALL your usergroups in DEV and QAS systems. in those systems it might be enough to have groups like Admin, project, test and endusers ONLY.

The reason for usergroups is for yourself to easily discriminate the different users, so do not make things to complex if it is too much work.

another question (although not relevant for this discussion) Why the hell do you need so much clients. That certainly is to be investigated and challenged!!!!

0 Kudos

Hi

Can u tell me how to transport that table. briefly, so that i can proceed further.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

please follow up again

0 Kudos

The procedure for transporting the table is detailed in the link provided by Lodewijk

If you are not confident in doing this yourself then ask one of your Basis or development team to run you through it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another option I think is to simply create the user group in each of the DEV,QA and Prod enviornments.

Assigning the usergroups are easy using SU10. Then you don't have to worry about transporting tables.