cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 Help online interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im designing an online interactive form in WD ABAP. I got the context from a BAPI and mapped to view context. Now how to map F4 field from data view to UIelemnt?

Im dragging value help dropdown list from webdynpro activex palette to the form and selecting that field from dataview and dropping on the value help dropdown which i placed before. Doing like this the field is changing to text filed.

Is this the right of way doing for getting f4 helps in to interactive form? Should my filed in dataview should have anyother properties to be a f4 help?

Can some one help me on this?

Regards,

J.Smitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawaji,

Here is a note about input helps...

[Note 1035630 - ISR WebDynpro ABAP UI: Input helps from ABAP Dictionary|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1035630]

Also, when you defined your form, under the properties tab, what did you select for the Layout Type? There is:

- Unknown Layout Type,

- xACF Layout

- ZCI Layout

- Standard Layout

You should be choosing the ZCI Layout. Then from inside your form, you want to select the Value Help Dropdown List from the Web Dynpro Native library, not the ActiveX one, unless your form is of type xACF.

Once you have the element on the screen, go to the Object tab and select the Binding tab. Under Default Binding, navigate to the field that you want bound to the dropdown.

Next, select the Field tab. You should see a parameter there called List Items. If it is not green and underlined green, click on the little black triangle that points to the right, and select Show Dynamic Properties.

Then click on the green List Items link. Inside the popup, you want to put the following line of code in the Items binding:

$record.sap-vhlist.FIELD_NAME\.DATA\.FIELD.item[*]

where FIELD_NAME is the name of the field that you have previously bound to the dropdown. I'm not 100% sure on this line, this is what works when developing an HCM Process & Form form.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Kevin