cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUMC field in WD4A view

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

In my WD4A view i have an input filed which has data type PERNR_D means it is NUMC8 field. Now when my field get displayed in view it gets '00000000' as default value. Then i can input any value in it and it takes that value.. that is fine...

What i want is this '00000000' should not displayed when field is displayed on view..instead i want blank value in that field.

piece of code to achieve this will be very helpful....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1.select the input filed for blank.

2.go to the component controller and select the correesponding attribute for binding to the input field.

3.click the attribute,property window is display below in the same page.

4.select the property value for the inputfield, it contain 3 values like Default Value,Zeros as Blanks,Retain Zeros

5.select the option for u r requirements.

by

parthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

its done....actually i also couldn't fing this compression property..but i found what parthsarathi suggested...i did the same and it is done..

Thanks a lot u all for help....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the WDOINIT method set attribute lv_pernr to the Node Attribute of the PERNR_D type.

SHIFT lv_pernr LEFT DELETING LEADING '0'.

set lv_pernr to the Node Attribute.....

it works..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikranth,

It will delete that zeros also which is entered by user.

Suppose user enters 00211 then it will store like 211 so its better to do the formatting of the attribute.

Change the compression property from default value to Compress Input.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I Have given the Code for the WDOINIT. it is only during the first display of the View the rest we can control in the methods.can u tell where i need to change the "compression property from default value to Compress Input." .

Regards

Vikranth

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

go to the property of context attribute which you have binded the input field. then change the compression property . it'll work.

regards

arjun