cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

final inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai gurus,

Normally for inprocess inspection we set pp04 as control key and assign MIC and sampling procedure,

in routing and we convert pld order to production order after MRP run,then we go to QA32 for result recording

and UD.

Like wise how we do final inspection if my final operation in a routing is inspection and then i had to do

conformation of production order and do GR.

pls guide me for the same.

with regards,

sekar chand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

For this you have to do the following settings

1)Maintain inspection type "03" in the qaulity view of the material master by clicking on Inspection Setup

2) Maintain QM01 control key for this operation

Your second requirement-you want an inspection lot to be generated for finished goods after the confirmation of the last operation.

If you want to inspect a lot after confirmation then it should be a final inspection which will happen only after Goods receipt for that order-For doing this you need to maintain inspection type "04" in material master

If you want to do the information before GR then it would be an in process inspection-which should be performed before confirmation of an operation & it cannot be done after confirmation as it doesnt make sense.

Please refer this thread,

Hope clear to you.

Regrads,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Mr Bhramakumar,

Thanks for your quick reply, my query is as follows,

1) My final fert product has the following operation :

a) production - opn 10

b) inspection - opn 20( operation inspection only )

c) production - opn 30

d) inspection - opn 40.(operation inspection only )

Then production order is confirmed and then again

final inspection to be done for all the characteristics of the fert material ( like visual,blow holes, other dimensions etc) before it is sent to stores

waiting for your positive reply,

with regards,

sekar chand

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You cannot create multiple inspection lots for the inprocess inspection of Type 03. Only one inspection lot is created for all the operations. While recording results you need to select for which operation the results are to be recorded. You can restrict confirmation of the operation till the QM results are not recorded through OPK4.

UD is done once for all the chars in that inspection lot. and for insp type 04 only at the GR time. GR is done only once at the end of production order.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Bhramakumar,

based on your reply my understanding are as follows , pls correct if i am wrong.

1)INPROCESS INSPECTION MATERIAL( FERT WITH 03 AS SETTING IN MATERIAL MASTER).

My final fert product has the following operation :

a) production - opn 10

b) inspection - opn 20( operation inspection only )

c) production - opn 30

d) inspection - opn 40.(operation inspection only ).

So with 03 as setting in material master i will do the production/inspection, then after final inspection and result recording and Ud i will do the confirmation and GR.

2)FINAL INSPECTION DURING GR(FERT WITH 04 AS SETTING IN MATERIAL MASTER)

a) production - opn 10

b) production - opn 20

c) production - opn 30

d) inspection - opn 40

So with 04 as setting in material master i will do the production and do confirmation for final operation(inspection) , by doing so quality lot is created , so i do final result recording and UD.

using the quality lot and do GR ( or ) the case will like

a) production - opn 10

b) production - opn 20

c) production - opn 30

then i will do confirmation and do GR, during this a quality lot is created due 04 setting in the material

master,where i do result recording and ud before GR , if that is the case how to incorporate this inspection

operation.

waiting for your reply, the question seems to too long but i am sure the answer will be a simple one.

with regards,

sekar chand

Edited by: sekar chand on Nov 26, 2008 8:19 AM

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes you are right.

Do GR for the production order you will get a inspection lot with isnpection type 04

then go for results recording.

Please try and come back.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Mr Bhramakumar,

Thanks for your reply, my last query for this thread.

FINAL INSPECTION DURING GR(FERT WITH 04 AS SETTING IN MATERIAL MASTER)

TYPE 1

a) production - opn 10

b) production - opn 20

c) production - opn 30

d) inspection - opn 40

So with 04 as setting in material master i will do the production and do confirmation for final operation(inspection) , by doing so quality lot is created , so i do final result recording and UD.

using the quality lot and do GR ( or ) the case will like

TYPE 2

a) production - opn 10

b) production - opn 20

c) production - opn 30

then i will do confirmation and do GR, during this a quality lot is created due to 04 setting in the material

master,where i do result recording and ud before GR , if that is the case how to incorporate this inspection

operation.

your answer hold good for type 1 i think and hope type 2 is not applicable for 04 settings in material master for final inspection during GR

with regards,

sekar chand

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes correct,

You need to do GR Inspection for Production Order

Master data needed : Material Master,BOM, W/C, Routing

2 Master Insp. Characteristics – for 04 Insp. types

Inspection Plan for 04 Inspection Type

Steps :

1. MM01 : Create Finished Material

In QM View in Material Master :

Click Insp. setup

Assign insp. Type 04 - GR Insp. for order, by selecting new insp. Types.

Ensure both as active plans, by ticking the active indicator.

2.Create BOM, W/Cs

3.Goto QS21 (OPTIONAL), create Master Inspection characteristic for In-process inspection (03)

Give Status as Released and Complete copy model for MIC

Select Quantitative characteristics and tick the relevant indicators i.e., in this case Lower specific limit, Upper specific limit and Check Target value.

Press Enter

It will prompt you for entering lower, upper and target values for the MIC ,

Enter the values.

SAVE

Similarly create another MIC with tcode QS21, for GR Inspection for Order (04)

SAVE

4.GOTO QP01 – Create Inspection Plan with status – Released (4) and Usage – Production (1)

-Click operations, Create Insp. Operation and give the control key as QM01

- Select the inspection operation and click on the insp. Characteristics, assign the MIC you`ve created for GR Inspection type(04) and press enter. All the characteristics will be copied.

SAVE

5.GOTO CO01 – Create Production Order Manually

(Or create from PIR, SO etc.., )

6.Release Production Order

7.GOTO MIGO - GR for Production order (Not needed if you set the indicator AUTOGR)

Check in where tab : give storage location

Ensure item ok indicator is ticked

Post (SAVE)

Now the inspection lot gets generated as you post the goods for GR Inspection for Production order.

8.GOTO MMBE – You can observe that the stock is posted to Insp. Stock automatically

9.GOTO QA32 – Inspection lot selection

Give Material and Plant , Execute

Select your inspection lot line, and select result recording.

{Incase, if it is not allowed to record results, GOTO QE02, give insp. Lot and select Change Insp. Lot Icon, give the relevant task list usage in the Inspection specification Tab and press TASK LIST button and then SAVE}

Give inspected quantity and target value that is checked

SAVE

You can find in QA32, that the status is changed to INSPECTED

Now again select the insp. Lot in QA32 and goto Usage decision,

Give UD as A - for accept and Quantity to be moved to unrestricted use stock

Hope it wil help you.'

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai Mr brahmankumar,

Thanks for your reply and i am clear now and tried using the steps which solved my problem.

with regards,

sekar chand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sekar,

We have 2 option for the same .......

Option 1 : Activate the inspection type 04 - Inspection after production . So after the GR the material will be moved to Quality & then to Unrestricted once the Result Recording & UD is done .

Option 2 : Maintain the last operation as inspection & carry the in-process inpection of the finshed good... once it is done then do the GR.

Let me know if you have further query on the same...

Thanks

Kaushik