cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD ABAP - rendered value (domain) in TableCellEditor

0 Kudos

Hello!

I'm trying to display the value of an attribute (its data element is using a self defined domain) in a table column.

The domain contains these values:

0 - created

1 - in use

2 - closed

When I use a TextView as a CellEditor I will see the values, not the texts defined in the domain.

When I change the CellEditor to a DropDownByKey , it works fine with the restriction that I receive an "active" component (I have the dropdown-arrow, it can be clicked and the other values are visible, even if they are not selectable) and a selection row (orange highlightning) is broken at this column.

Is there a possibility to make the corresponding texts visible in a CellEditor of type TextView?

Thanks in advance,

Waldemar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Waldemar,

This works as designed. The display of the texts defined as domain fix values is not supported by the framework.

Of course you can implement it by yourself. Just add a new attribute (or a subnode with an attribute, but the subnode may not be a singleton node). The get the information about the attribute value from the DDIC (use CL_ABAP_DATADESCR class), and show this text instead of the original value.

Yes, I know, this is a little bit awkward.

Regina

0 Kudos

Hello Regina,

that's just what I expected - but it's a pity that there's no built-in functionality (I think it could be easily implemented in the same manner as the DDIC binding for Labels works).

I used a similar workaround (with Function Module STF4_GET_DOMAIN_VALUE_TEXT to retrieve the text for the domain value) and I will have to glance at your class.

Thanks a lot

Waldemar

Answers (0)