cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAX Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii All

Our cleint has got a sudden change in the tax rates which will be applicable from 1st Dec 2008.

Now our requirement is that for all the open orders which have been created before 1st Dec 2008 and the billing date lies after 1st Dec the tax rates should be the new one.

What we can do is manually update the condition records of the invoices, but our problem is that around 1000 invoices are created daily which are created through a batch job.

How can we run the batch job so that new prices are taken into consideration.

Pls do let me know about this and other implications that can take place due to this tax changes.

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav Manocha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav

I have already given a suggestion to change the Service Rendered Date in sale order. In sale order, if you are unable to change, no problem.

Go to VF04, give the required datas in "Selection" tab and click on "Default Data". There maintain 01-12-08 in the field "Date of services rendered" and execute. Your tax part will be taken care of.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Laksmi

Thx for your reply, I checked my settings, what my issue is that I have maintained the price in "ftxp" for taxes and I need to change the calue for taxes at that level.

In that case I would not have the option of changing the validity of the taxes.

Can you let me know what will be the effect for this for the documents for which orders have been delivered and yet to billed and also the effect on rebates & credit memos if we change the values only in ftxp

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav Manocha

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav

You should not repeat should not change the value in existing tax code but should create a new tax code in FTXP and maintain the new value there. Assign this new tax code in UTXJ with validity period from 01-12-08.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Lakshmi

If I make a new tax code then how will my open orders will be effected

Will I have to manually update the each open orders of will the values get updated when I create the billing document.

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav Manocha

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav

The most important thing which I forget to tell you is that in VTFL copy control, for the item category, maintain "G" for the field "Pricing Type". This will take care of your requirements.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Laksmi

Thanks a lot for the information, I have done the changes but there are few concerns because of this:

New rates will be applicable from 1st December

But for the orders which are delivered before 1st Dec and for which invoice is getting created after 1st dec the tax rates which are getting picked are the latest one.

Business requirement is that for all the orders delivered before 1st dec the old tax rates should be applied.

I have maintained pricing type as "G" as suggested by you.

Pls do suggest as we have to do the changed by today or tomorrow.

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav Manocha

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav

On your comments

"But for the orders which are delivered before 1st Dec and for which invoice is getting created after 1st dec the tax rates which are getting picked are the latest one",

I have already suggested to use VF04 where you maintain 30-11-08 in the field service rendered date.

Needless to say, in normal circumstances, your billing date will be the date of "Actual GI Date" in delivery and even if you generate invoice on 01-12-08, the invoice date will be in November and of course, the period should be open.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check this link

regards

chander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Chander

Can you pls send the link again, its bringing me to the same page.

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav Manocha