cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment card release problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

when the payment card authorization failed, i release the sales order with report rv21a001, and deliver, and then bill, but the system gives error at billing saying faulty authorization and requires reauth of the sales order to be able to post to accounting.

what's wrong in there? the releasing can not get the whole thing through?

and another question regarding to the account posting to fi. the account posting to fi is different between normal sales and sales with payment card. can i release the failed sales order with payment card and post it to fi like normal sales, i mean, just post to two acounts and do collection later?

looking forward to your kind help earnestly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Typically this means the preceding document (sales order) has a Credit card that needs additional authorization. This often occurs because of split shipments or because the authorization has expired. To verify, Go into the referenced order and check the Payment Cards tab on the Header.

Saving ANY change in the sales order should force it to Re-Try authorization.

If it gets a new authorization, you should be able to release the billing document. If it fails (and there is no technical problem) you normally need to get a different card number from your customer.

Hope it helps!

Preethi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Preethi, thank you for help. you are right, but what i want is not re-auth.

when the clearing house repondes back with failure status saying there is not enough money/credit in card, the sales order is blocked. what i want to do then is to release it, and deliver and bill, debit customer payable, credit sales revenue, not post to any payment card account, and send the invoice to the customer who pay the money afterwards in other way, for example, by cash, not by payment card any more.

have i misunderstood the function of sap's payment card processing? i thought the release function is of the purpose i mentioned above. am i wrong? is that true that indeed the release is just of the function of making delivery possible, and before the order can be billed and posted, the payment authorization still needs to be passed? and is that true that the only way to stop using the payment card processing of that sales order is to delete the card information in it?

thanks for any further help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i really needs some help. is there anyone with relative experience willing to share and advise?