cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Address not visible for output device MAIL in created batch job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue in ECC6.0: Email Address not visible to display/change for output device MAIL in print parameter of each step in the created batch job.

User wants to periodically receive report file via send to his email, so I create the batch job running report and send the report in pdf file to his email.

Detail in the batch job

1) In print parameter screen of the step in the batch job

-Using output device MAIL (output type ZPDF1)

-inputting email address of receiver in the EMAIL ADDRESS field

2) After the batch job was saved, I tried to display/change the field EMAIL ADDRESS via Tx. SM37, but this field is invisible. The field can not be displayed or changed anymore. I also tried in SM36, but it is for creating new batch job, not changing the existing batch job.

4) User receives email with pdf file from the batch job.

How to change/display the email address of the receiver in the created batch job?

Note that we just changed to use SAP ECC6 from SAP 4.6c. In SAP 4.6c, we can change/display the

Email Address Field via Tx. SM37.

Pls kindly suggest, thank you very much in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution: Implement OSS Note# 1020625

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srirompoti,

After saving the job if the job has not started then you can follow the below steps to change the Email address.

1. View the job from Txn SM37.

2. check the check box for your job that you want to change and goto menu path "Job->change

3. in the next screen goto "Edit->steps." or press "F6" key

4. place the coursor on the job and goto menu path "Step->change->print specifications.

5. here you can change the email address.

If you are not able change the data then you might not have authorization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas Sriram,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I tried that but it still not work. The field Email Address seems to be hidden. I tested in SAP development and quality environment which I have nearly full authorization, but the field still not shown.

Pls kindly advice more. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I found the solution. We need to implement the OSS Note 1020625.