Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to import Schema in Console

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Guys

I m trying to create repository in Console via XSD.I have copied the XSD from PI system and stored on my local desktop(MDM server as well as console are on my dekstop itself).

Now when i try to import this in Console via MDMServer->Create repository from Schema i get an error saying that "There was an internal problem preventing the import"

Any idea what i need to do?

The XSD i m trying to import is as under

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 
- <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified">
- <xs:element name="Equipos">
- <xs:complexType>
- <xs:sequence>
  <xs:element ref="equipo" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" /> 
  </xs:sequence>
  </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>
- <xs:element name="equipo">
- <xs:complexType>
  <xs:attribute name="codigo_equipo" use="required" type="xs:integer" /> 
  <xs:attribute name="marca" use="required" type="xs:NCName" /> 
  <xs:attribute name="memoria" use="required" type="xs:NMTOKEN" /> 
  <xs:attribute name="responsable" use="required" type="xs:NCName" /> 
  <xs:attribute name="velocidad" use="required" type="xs:NMTOKEN" /> 
  </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>
  </xs:schema>

Thanx

Saif

Edited by: Saif Manzar on Nov 26, 2008 4:03 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saif,

The option of create Repository from Schema,is applicable when you export the MDM Repository schema and import it in MDM to create a new rep.

You can create a new MDM repository from an MDM repository schema file

When you use the Create from Schema command to import an XML schema file, MDM creates a new MDM repository that reflects the schema structure defined within the file.

It simply means that you can create an MDM repoistory form an MDM schema structure that has been genereated from MDM as per the MDM rep design not any structure.

The reason being MDM rep has a specific design,of having a single main atble nad lookup tables that are linked to the main table.

This structure design has to be mainitained when creating a new rep.any arbitary design will not work in MDM.So the Schema generated from PI will not create a rep in MDM.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx Simona

Yeah,when i export Schema from Console and re-import it back,it works fine but then the Repository->Duplicate repository option does the same thing too.

So lets say i need to create a respository in which the Main table will have around 100 fields.so do i need to create all these fields manually,even if i have XSD for it from PI?

Thanx

Saif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saif,

If you want to create a Repository with 100 fields or more in MDM,the you will have to model this data in MDM rep and create the fields

The data modelling in MDM is a big concept in MDM and it is not as simple as importing a schema and creating one.

You need to decide the fields and its types and also many other detail property of every field when designing it in MDM.

Once you have created one such rep,then you use its schema to generate another rep or compare the changes between two repositories using the Export/Import option .

The duplicate Feature just will create a duplicate of the rep it will not allow you to compare schemas of two MDM rep as the Export/Import feature does.

Bascially both are used for differnt purposes under differnt situations.

But one time creation of MDM rep manually is essential before resuing its schema.

Please update your thread if your query is resolved.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx Simona

Appreciate your help

Regards

Saif

Answers (0)