cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch Upgrade from 7.6.4.10 to 7.6.5.12 - Fatal Error Undefined Subroutine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

While executing our patch upgrade from 7.6.4.10 to 7.6.5.12 on the "Database Kernel" phase we are getting the following "Fatal Error" message:

Undefined subroutine &SAPDB::Install::Wizard::Dialog::Install::killUsedFiles called at SAPDB/Install/Wizard/Dialog/Install.pm line 103.

Our system is W2K3 64bit R2 SP2 ... everything 64bit.

I have stopped all the relevant MaxDB services including the SAP DB WWW ..etc...

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you upgrade? Did you use SDBUPD?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I ran the upgrade using SDBSETUP.exe.

I have actually resolved the issue by setting all the maxdb services to manual and rebooting the server. I then restarted SDBSETUP.exe and it completed successfully - obviously some rogue process/dll was holding things up.

However I am still interested to know what process or library would have been causing the issue. I have also noticed on my previous upgrades of MaxDB on windows that I generally have to reboot the server before or during an upgrade to clear some "in use" process or library.

Is it common practice to reboot a wintel server before patching/upgrading MaxDB or is there someway I can identify what process/library was causing the issue I mentioned earlier?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I ran the upgrade using SDBSETUP.exe.

I did all of our upgrades using SDBUPD -u control,<controlpwd> -d <SID>

That will shut down the instance, install the new software, start the instance, convert views and loads the system tables.

> However I am still interested to know what process or library would have been causing the issue. I have also noticed on my previous upgrades of MaxDB on windows that I generally have to reboot the server before or during an upgrade to clear some "in use" process or library.

>

> Is it common practice to reboot a wintel server before patching/upgrading MaxDB or is there someway I can identify what process/library was causing the issue I mentioned earlier?

You could e. g. use Process Monitor (former sysinternals):

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I did all of our upgrades using SDBUPD -u control,<controlpwd> -d <SID>

>

> That will shut down the instance, install the new software, start the instance, convert views and loads the system tables.

I'm pretty sure SDBSETUP does exactly that but with a nice gui at the front. SDBSETUP did successfully stop the DB, and all the necessary services including the x_server ..etc..

Might give SDBUPD a go next time to see if that makes a difference.

> You could e. g. use Process Monitor (former sysinternals):

Yep, had it on the server running when I was problem solving but I couldn't find anything obvious.

I'm hoping someone from SAP might be able to tell me what line 103 in the Install.pm is doing??

Cheers

Shaun