cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materil in Planning book is under 2 material groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an issue with one of the material in planning area is showing under 2 material groups. Say Group A and Group B. Now when I went and investigated further I found that this material in R/3 is under group B and also I checked MAster data in APO is also under group A. However this material used to be under Group A but was changed to group B about 2 months back.

Now can someone advice what needs to be to to get this materail into actual material group that is Group B.

Does Realingment help and could some explain process??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Are you talking about your CVCs? If yes, Realignment is your best solution. You can use the transaction /sapapo/rlgcopy.

Check [Realignment|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/61/7ade603472c447b0bb52d67391683e/frameset.htm]

The above link explains step by step.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

If you want to change the material group from A to B, you can use Realignment Function.

The system creates new characteristic value combinations based on selected values from existing combinations.Copies the data from the old combinations to the new ones.

If you dont want Charateristic Values which has Material Group A then while performing the Realignment function you can delete the old combination or you can manually delete in the transaction /SAPAPO/MC62 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your support I used Realignment function and the problem is resolved.

As this material was showing under 2 groups Group A and Group B.and differnt data is shown in both groups I was not sure which data is correct or total of both is correct. So checked with user who confirmed total is correct. So I realigned Group A to Group B for that material and issue solved.

Regards

sivarama