cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform error: not a pre-defined type or a type from a type group (ECC 6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My firm recently upgraded to ECC6. A smartform ECC5 (which complied and worked fine in ECC5), when uploaded into ECC6 is giving the following error:

"TY_T_9000 is not a pre-defined type or a type from a type group."

I tried to delete the object / dereference it from respective sections, form compiled (function module was re-generated.) Then, I uncommented the table type definition in Global Definitions and re-referenced it in a loop and, back to the same error.

Any clue what is causing the error?

Leena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think this table type does not exist in the dictionary. That is why system is not able to declare it.

In the Types tab also, you can declare it.

types: begin of ty_t_9000,

end of ty_t_9000.

Just check If it is available in data dictionary, otherwise declare it in types tab.

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishwa,

Thanks. You are right, table type did not exist in the dictionary.

I played around some more and did resolve. The core issue turned out to be that, on ECC 5.0, it was possible to locally define table types in the smartform which are PASSED into form AS A PARAMETER. On ECC 6.0, such structures MUST be defined in the dictionary.

I created the structure and table type in the dictionary, changed my import parameter TYPE to match the name of the type created in dictionary, cleaned out old structure definiton in form and the calling program and, the form compiled!!

Best Regards,

Leena

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may still use TYPE-POOL instead: [http://bit.ly/jlwfST]

Dominik Tylczyński

Answers (0)