cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I translate the Smartform description (short text)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I translate the Smartform description (short text)? I mean the field SSFSCREEN-CAPTION in transaction SMARTFORMS.

I know how to translate the Smartform node texts (with SE63), but I do not know how to translate the description. I recall that with an older SAP version I used to log in in the target language and just change the description... but now I get the dialog that asks whether I'd like to edit in the original language or change the original language...

Translating the Smartform description is important because PA-ER uses it as e-mail subject in correspondence.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Thanks for u r post ..i have a small doubt i translated from english to french..... for that po in me23n the there units are EA

but when i open the same po in me23n it is showing three stars (like this -***) and some erros is coming how to change them ???

and also i m having a small doubt can we add french language for our own words in form ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what you suggest is that:

1. Login in the target language (lets say English)

2. Edit the Smartform. Choose option "Change orig. language", which changes the original language from DE to EN.

3. Change the description, save and activate

4. Then I should change the original language back to DE, right?

Does changing the original language have side effects such as destroying translations of text nodes?

Have you actually tried this yourself?

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

I had the same problem today and did not find any answer from SDN. So I find the solution my own.

From your point of view the problem may no longer be valid but I attach here my solution anyway for future reference to others who suffer the same issue. Please note that language dependent form descriptions are in table STXFADMT.

Translation in SE63 can take place also via 'object directory entry'.

You first need to know the 'tadir' attributes of your smartforms form.

• Goto Smartforms transaction.

• Tick radiobutton Form and enter your form name (but do not choose any processing options yet)

• From menu choose 'Goto->Object directorory entry'

• If you get a popup of warning having different logon language than form original language choose button 'Maintain in original language' (we will not be changing anyway!)

• From the displayed screen see object directorory attributes (e.g. R3TR SSFO <your form name>) and write them down somewhere

• You may close transaction SMARTFORMS now

• goto translation tool SE63

• in the command field (upper left corner) enter command 'T' (without quotes)

• enter the object directory attributes you wrote down earlier (R3TR SSFO <your form name>) and select your desired language from-to and press EDIT.

• From the hierarchy you should locate the form name somewhere (too difficult to write detailed instructions here)

• from this onwards everything should be familiar...

Br: Kimmo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kimmo: this is working great thank you !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It works, but How should I do to transport this translated Text? When I used to translate the all Smartform I use this program: RS_LXE_RECORD_TORDER to put the translations in the Order Request.

But in this case, after to do this description smartform tanslation I ran the mentioned program but in the logo did not appeard nothing new, maybe is already loaded in the transport, I don't know.

Could you confirm this before Released my order please?

Thanks

Rodrigo

ABAP Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juhani.

I Think after you designing your smart form in English .just activate the form and open other session of sap in the languauge which you want and change all the texts in english to the login language and activate the form.

so after activating the form,descriptions will be maintined in desired language and english also

Regards

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

but now I get the dialog that asks whether I'd like to edit in the original language or change the original language...

-

> This it self gives you the clue.

If you select Original language then the short text will display you in German language. if you select log on language it will display you log on language(suppose EN is your log on language then it will display in EN).

Thanks,

Sree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The button "Change orig. language" changes the original language from German to English! This is not what should be done! I think this would cause bad consequences!

We must only translate the description, not change the original language. How can we do that?

Former Member