SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main and Sub transaction posting to incorrect account determination ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are extending CCS customer to SD customer using reference in the master data. We have two contract accounts for one BP.

SD Billing documents are posting to wrong account determination. The entries maintained in table EK02 for example are:

Company Code 1000

Division 20

Acct Deter 1A

Main Transac 9040

Sub transaction 0010

Contract Account is maintained for the Acct Determination ID: R, where main 9040 and sub transaction 0010 are not maintained in the table.

Thanks in advance,

Kumar

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Account determination for SD invoices is done in SD, not FI-CA. You can change it though a development, but I think it would be easier to tell this to your SD consultant, maybe he will solve it.

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for the reply.

When SD invoices are transferred to FICA, the system checks whether entries maintained for account determination:

1. Maintain Account Assignment Data Relevant to Transactions

2. Derive Main/Sub Transaction from SD information

3. Derive Document Type from SD Billing Document Data

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

If you have given the Acc Det Id in the correct order given below

ie, Com Code/ Division/ Acc det ID/ Main tran/ Sub tran/ G/l a/c...

There is "Simulate" button on the top which when clicked shows whether the Acc Det id Path is right or sucessful.

Please try that.

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh Vasudev on Nov 27, 2008 6:42 AM

0 Kudos

Hi, Kumar

Yes, you are right, the system checks the customizing and you have to fill those tables with adequate information. But the scope of that customizing is not account determination. The system needs document type (Derive Document Type from SD Billing Doc Data) and main and subtransaction (Derive Main/Sub-Transaction from SD Information) only for posting, not for account determination.

So, bottom line, accounting postings are determined in SD, not FI-CA. Document type and main/subtransactions are derived in FI-CA.

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I have executed simulation for account determination id, main and sub transaction and looks fine.

The issue stills exists..

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi, Kumar

Please remember that account determination for SD invoices is done in SD, through a combination involving division, material, customer etc. So, no matter what G/L account you define in FI-CA for main and subtransactions, it will not influence accounting postings in FI-CA.

So, go to the SD consultant and discuss the issue with him/her. He/she should know what to do. Either that, or develop something, which I do not recommend.

Best regards,

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

I appreciate your help.

I will check with SD consultant and get back to you. Meanwhile, if you know where it is setup in the configuration, greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi All,

SD Billing documents are posted to main and sub transaction assigned to billing type, item category, account assignment group and account key.

The account determination id does not control main and sub transaction.

Thanks,

Kumar