cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML schema in MDM Console

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I have created a new XML and XSD for catalog item load. This is for batch processing of imports. I understand that I have to assign the format and XSD to the port relevant for this load. Before I can do that, I have to add the new XSD via Console > Admin > XML Schemas. The XSD is located on my C: Drive. After I have added the XSD schema, I noticed that the File Name colume is showing 'C:\product.xsd'. This is different from the other XSD that already existed in the system. For example, MDMSupplierListTransmission has filename MDMSupplierListTransmission without Namespace.xsd. My questions are:

1. I assume that the xsd MDMSupplierListTransmission is located on the server? If so, where can I find them?

2. For the XSD that I have added, is there a way for me to have it load onto the server (assuming 1 is correct)?

Appreciate your enlightenment on this.

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

If you have generated an XSD File from your system and then uploaded from the system to your MDM console.

It should work fine without nay problem.

Thats the standard way to do it,if you dont have an already existing XSD and have to create one..

Once the XSD file is loaded in console and its correct ,then your XML file must be allowed to import using it.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I didn't use the XSD generated from the MDM system as it is too complex. I am using a simpler version of the XML containing only the data that is needed and I have generated the XSD using XMLSpy.

The key thing I want to find out here is where can I find and extract the XSDs that currently sit on the server? This is so that I can compare the XSD and see whether there is something wrong with the XSD that we have generated.

Thanks!

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

All imported XSDs are stored directly in database. You can verify this from Database level. Check the table A2i_CM_XMLSchemas, all the entries will be stored in the form of Binary objects.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

So, when I add a new XSD schema via the MDM Console, does it get saved to this database as well? Reason why I asked is that I can see the filename is shown as 'C:\Temp\Product.xsd' (since I have chosen the XSD located on my C: drive). The others which are stored directly in the database is showing without the drive, for example MDMSupplierListTransmission without Namespace.xsd.

Appreciate you clarification on this.

Thanks!

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is corect. Any xsd uploaded from local machine will be saved to MDM database and you can check in the DB folder as mentioned correctly by Jitesh.

Best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What XSDs you will add, they will get stored in database only so that when you perform Archive-UnArchive commands in order to move the repository on different MDM Server all the XSDs should be available and import and syndication maps should not be hampered. When you open the A2i_CM_XMLSchemas table you will find the exact entries visible in MDM Console. I can say Path is just for our information to view the exact location from where XSD have been picked.

Hope it helped...

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitesh,

You have answered my questions to the point. What is the best way to view the entries in the database table (A2i_CM_XMLSchemas)? Do we need a Basis person to do that?

Regards

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

You can view the entries in database table A2i_CM_XMLSchemas directly. If you are using SQL Server then open the Enterprise Manager, select the repository database <repositoryname>_m000 and open the table A2i_CM_XMLSchemas. Also if you want to frequently view this table then you can write the small java code for this.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, I found it.