cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII not restarting after reboot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sure the answer is right in front of my eyes but I can't seem to formulate the question right to get to the answer in the install documentation or this forum.

I've installed Netweaver, SP14 and MII 12.0.4 on top of it on Windows Server 2003. It works fine. Now, whenever the server is rebooted, MII does not start. I have to start Netweaver through the SAP Management console.

How do I make Java, and Netweaver, and MII automatically start as the server is rebooted? Is there a checkbox I missed during the install or do I manually need to set the startup mode of the related services to Automatic. If so, please list these services.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally found my answer in this message :

/message/6511605#6511605 [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Francois,

I'm in the same spot as you were on this post.

I read the followup you posted but am still not getting it to work.

What exactly did you modify to get it to start at reboot?

Thanks for the help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alan,

Here's what I did.

There is a directory where the J2EE services profiles are configured. On my installation this is : D:\usr\sap\D0H\SYS\profile, where D0H is instance SID.

In that directory I had to modify 2 files which supply config & path information to the 2 'services' or 'servers' visible in the SAP MMC.

These two files are

START_SCS01_ and START_JC00_.

Note that the 2 digits may vary on your install.

To these files, I added the following:

Autostart=1

Just after the 1st series of assignation, before the comment lines. Though I don't think the position in the file really matters.

I saved the modified files.

After rebooting the machine, I went the SAP MMC and saw the J2EE engine was automatically booting up as expected. And after a couple of minutes of the yellow icon and the 'Some processes started' status under Process, it all turned green. Just like when you right click and select start manually.

I hope this will work for you.

Francois

P.S.

I did not install the J2EE/Netweaver/MII stack personnally. The script our guy followed worked well, except for this Autostart entry in the START files.

I wonder where this is configured in a different install script. Or if this can be altered using a GUI instead of editing a config file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it working....for some reason modifiying just those two profiles didn't do it for me.

Had to add the Autostart = 1 to all the profiles including the Default.pfl

Saved the files, rebooted and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for the input.