cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ranges and account groups in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

sometimes seems that MDM is not perfectly aligned with the ECC standard behaviour regarding business logics.

In MDM is possible to define a Qualified Range in Key Generation. Therefore it is possible to define a range for each Account Group (that is the lookup value) for the same backend system.

In ECC, in the standard behaviour, different Account Groups may be associated to the same number range. Is it possible in MDM to define the same range for different Account Groups in the same backend system using the standard key-mapping??

An example: in sap ECC I can have Account group 1010 and 1020 on the same Number Range 01 in Backend system BE1. This seems to be not possible in MDM.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Neil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

I do agree that MDM has certain restriction when working with the Exact requirement as per ECC.

The number range asignment is a very common and essentila requirement ,when we deal with MDM with ECC systems.

I do have an idea in mind which i would like to share and I know it is possible, just that it involves the use of portal and java coding in it.

If you are integrating MDM with ECC and is using Portal front end for this purpose.

You can use the portal's java coding feature ability to allow two or more different account groups to have to same Number range assigned automatically.

You can maintain a lookup table in MDM say Number range which holds the Number range and account group.

In this table you maintain the Number range for each Account group which can be same or different as you need it.

Then when creating a Vendor Master from the portal,You can have an application that fetches the data from this Number range table from MDM and accordingly assign the number to the vendor master based on which account group the user has entered during selection.

This is a complicated procedure,however can be used in unavoidable situations and will require and expert java Ep coder for it.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

I agree that it is possible to reach the goal to have the same range for different Account Groups using Portal with complicated procedures (i.e. java API), as you suggested.

At same time, I would like to understand if it is possible to have a solution inside MDM, because the idea is to use the standard MDM key mapping. Therefore, only with standard key mapping I can be sure that the Local Vendor Key (Remote System/Backend Key) will be generated during syndication.

Thanks.

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

thanks for your reply. As Vito said we just want to understand a solution in MDM in order to use the syndication to generate key for the backend systems.

Otherwise, if we do not use the standard MDM key mapping, who will be responsible to generate the Remote Backend Key?

Neil

Answers (0)