cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field selection in th Project Builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS gurus

I want to make the Recipient field and the vendor field in the Purch. data tab of a Component mandatory

How do i do that

Can somebody help

Amit Fernandes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Try using OPUC- Field selection for Network: Detail Screens

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tushar

I have checked that yaar

I want to control the fields selection on the component not on the netwrok boss

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use SE51

enter program SAPLCOMD

screen 2702

go to layout

double click on field and set mandatory

note this is a modification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendar

Is this the only way

There is no config to do this????

This can be done only thru the report painter is it???

Then this will affect all the projects right????

we will have no control . I mean if i want it active only for a particular project profile or particular network type?(just liken influencing fields) then it is not possible???

And what are the things i need to safeguard since u mentioned it is a standard modification

thanks Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

for material components, you have a certain doc type that is created.. (if it generates a Purch Req)

Most likely it is purch requisition doc type NB (CHECK in IMG - Project System - Material - Procurement - check acct asst categories and doc types for Purcs reqs)

now this doc type has a certain assigned field selection key.. you can check this in IMG - Materials Management - Purchasing - Purchase Requisition - Define Document Type.

here you can see what particular field key is assigned.

NOW, you can change the attributes of that particular field key in the path i provided in my earlier post..

just select the Field Key that was maintained (for example NBB) and check the fields whether it is hidden, Optional entry or required..

so here you can set Requisitioner, Vendor, Tracking Number etc.. as Required.

unfortunately i didnt seem to notice if Recipient field is included.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is another way

txn OPSI

set validation rule against network activity

recipient must not be blank else error and give message x x x x x

you can restrict this for a project profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Thanks a lot

But there is still some Problem

The config what you have given is on the purchase requisition document level and not at the component level

What does that mean... it means that if you want any field mandatory for e.g. Requisitioner field mandatory you go to the document type field key and set it and hence when u release the material on the proj builder(i.e. when the requisition is going to be created) at that instant it will ask u to that Requisitoner field needs to be filled hence this satisfies the requirement

But now if i want to make a particular filed display only for e.g. Vendor(this i would do if i don't want the user to enter the vendor field in the project builder right) now if go to ur config then this makes the vendor field display on the purchase reqn and not on the component hence if u open the purchase reqn then the field will show display but on the component it will be active hence if a user puts some value ther it will get copied on the PR and hence defeats the purpose

Also the recipient field is not there in the field key NBB

thanks anyway

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

your requirement is that you want to make few fields (i.e.Recipient field and the vendor field ) mandatory in the Project builder on the Purch. data tab of a Component.

As the project builder is the part of package CNPB, for this package there is direct customer exit available in SMOD.

Please go though this forum .

I believe as Virendra told validation rule for the network activity is only solution.

Regards

Nitin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

try following this img menu path..

materials management - purchasing - purchase requisition - define screen layout at document level

you can require input of vendor..

regards