cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPConsole sapwebconsole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we are using SAPConsole (which is part of SAPGUI) to translate our screens to mobile screens.

We have some problems with SAPConsole. So we are looking for something better. As I searched sdn Websapconsole may be a solution. But there are conflictions. So I want to ask some questions.

1. Does WebSAPConsole do the work of Sapconsole?

2. Is WebSApConsole necessarily part of SAP XI?

I wish you can help

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sez,

<u><b>SAPConsole</b></u>

SAPConsole translates GUI (Graphical User Interface) screens to character based screens used on a wide variety of data-collection devices. SAPConsole does not contain business logic, databases or external functionality. Its sole function in life is to translate SAP GUI screens in your SAP environment to its character based equivalent.

<b>Basically, a SAPConsole session allows you to connect to SAP in real-time, exactly like a SAP GUI session</b>. All the functionality and business logic resides within the SAP Application.

<u><b>WebConsole</b></u>

The standard way to deploy patches and versions of mobile applications to a mobile device in production environments is using the Web AS. Applications are assigned to users in the MI Web Console and are installed automatically on the mobile device during synchronization. Thus, the MI Web Console is the central tool for managing application deployment. It offers system administrators the following features:

Upload of mobile applications

Upload of MI client files

Role comparison

Trace files

Disk synchronization

WebConsole -- It is in the J2EE Stack of SAP WAS (Java + ABAP Stack provided if there is the MI Component).

Its is the part of MI component..

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

Thanks for your helpful answer but I am still confused.

From your post I understand that WebConsole does same functionality as SAPConsole but is adhanced. Is it true?

My main question is Can we use WebConsole instead of SAPConsole?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sez,

Yes you can use WeBConsole instead of SAPConsole provided you have WAS 6.40.

As I have already mentioned, WebSAPConsole is a web based enhancement of SAPConsole.

Regards,

Rahul

Don't forget to assign me points if this helps.

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi sez,

i haven't worked with SAPConsole.

I could realize that , WebSAPConsole and WebCosole are different things.

<u>WebSAPConsole</u>

is the next generation interface from SAP, allowing direct connect to SAP R/3 from Browser based RF terminals.

Instead of using a Telnet Server & Clients, RF users connect to SAP R/3 via a HTTP session created by WebSAPConsole.

just go through this link .. this tells the difference bw SAPConsole and WebSAPConsole...

But <u>WeBConsole</u> , as i mentioned earlier ,

is associated with NetWeaver Mobile Infrastructure.

Just go throgh this also.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2147e190-0201-0010-87be-c32...

Here comes the difference ..

SAP MI - > its an offline solution by SAP.

WebConsole is the interface used to administrate the mobile devices (Associated with MI).

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

Although, we are going to use SAPConsole, we have to implement WEBSAPConsole because it is the only thing available for SAPGUI 6.40.

I set up the profile as the document says, but I kept getting "profile is not set up". Can you advise on what did I miss on my setting?

thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sez,

Has your doubt been solved? Do you need any more information?

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed SAP WEB Console including J2EE enginee and ISS configuration.I entered R3 system parameters in SAP console.But when I entered localhost/sap/isapi_sapcnsl.dll on the browser it says "Connection to R/3 broken".

I set profile parametres correctly.And R3 system is Ok.

What else can the problem be?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A couple of months ago I had similar problems, and I needed to do some configuration on my IIS. What Windows Server are you using?

I was using Windows Server 2003 and did some changes in the Internet Information Services (see Administration Tools), where I've configured the Virtual Directory. To solve my problems I did the following things:

<b>1.</b> According to note <b>924526</b>, if you are using Windows Server 2003 you need to allow the web server to run <i>”All unknown ISAPI Extensions”</i> (this is not set by default). The note explains how to make the change.

<b>Note 924526</b> contains the following information:

<b>Symptom</b>

Configuration IIS Windows 2003 server WebSAPConsole

<b>Other terms</b>

IIS Windows 2003 server WebSAPConsole

<b>Reason and Prerequisites</b>

Allow IIS to accept IIS calls

<b>Solution</b>

1.Go to Administrative Tools, then double click

2.Go to IIS, then double click

3.Go to WebServiceExtentions

4.Select ALL Unknown ISAPI Extension

5. Select Allow.

6.Say YES

<b>2.</b> Check the SAPConsole Administrator, see that your <b>profile is set as default</b> (by right click at the profile name and choose set as default).

This was helpful to me and I hope it helps you as well. (NO 1 is only necessary if you are using Windows Server 2003)

Regards,

Helen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helen,unfortunately I 'm running on Windows Xp.

Therefore ;

1. is useless for me?

2. Profile is set a default.

What should I do now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>1.</b> I have only tested WebSAPConsole on Windows XP. I think I needed to change my proxy settings in the browser to make it work (Tool_Internet options, then Connections_LAN connections). Maybe you can check your settings, and change it to try and see if it helps?

<b>2.</b> If you are connecting to R/3 (through WebSAPConsole on XP) from a handheld device an idea is to check the signal strength of your wireless network, to see if connection to R/3 is broken because of network out of range or limited access?

If your profile is set as default I don't think the problem is with the SAPConsole Administrator.

<b>3.</b> Another suggestion is that you test to only write the following in your link (if you haven't done it already):

<i>http://localhost/sap</i>

By doing this you can see if your WebSAPConsole files (from your Virtual Directory) are displayed and then try to choose <i>isapi_sapcnsl.dll file</i> to connect to your R/3.

If the files are listed and you can't proceed from there (you get the <i>Connection to R/3 broken</i> when you choose <i>isapi_sapcnsl.dll</i>), it seems like problem have to do with the Server.

Maybe you can try this and let me know of the result. If necessary maybe I can figure out something else, but unfortunately I haven't much experience of working with Windows XP.

Regards,

Helen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently testing SAP system with SAPwebconsole in warehouse in China. We have Psion scanners (7525, 7535). Furthermore, we use Windows 2000 with SAPwebconsole, SAPGUI (Patch 21) and IIS engine. Service Pack SP1 has been installed on web server to optimize buffer in IIS and ISAPI application.

The browser on terminals is Naurtech. The wireless data signal in warehouse is good.

Our problems occur when user login SAP using termials --> message in terminal screen is "Connection to R/3 broken". Many user are not able to login in SAP via SAPwebconsole. We can only restart web server but still many users are not able to login via terminals.

What could be problem? Our load test failed due to these conection issues.

Thanks,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are also having same issue. We are using SAPwebconsole on Windows 2000 IIS . Some time we are getting "Connection to R/3 broken" and only way we are able to resolve is to reboot the server. Please let us know how to fix this issue. We can not keep on rebooting the server when the problem occurs. We have one warehouse alredy in production mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

what GUI is installed on the server?

be sure that is the latest version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I had this problem on my 2003 server as well, but it's been sold by enabling extensions...so, I can connect from now to my websapconsole via IE7 from my XP installed PC but can't from my mobile device's (LXE6) explorer...

the strangest thing is that I connect to an other websapconsole installed XP (test server) machine from my mobile device...

server config :

-websapconsole patch LVL 25

-IIS 6

-W2003 server

-Sun Java

any idea?

thanks and

regards

Gabor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried rebooting, messages, tinkering... allowing all extensions of every kind.. reinstalling.

It just will not work with one of my systems no matter what I do.

I set up 3 different systems. 2 work, 1 doesn't. All are hosted in the same place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Have you seen this note

Note 1077946 - Websapconsole: old (pre P23) R3 connection broken behavior

It may help you

Regards

François

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sez,

WebConsole in MI is totally different from WebSAPConsole.

I can say this very confidently because I had myself studied WebSAPConsole (though not worked on it) and currently working on WebConsole. I will clarify things just a bit more:

WebSAPConsole is a web based enhancement of SAPConsole. SAPConsole does not contain any business logic, external databases, or complex functionality. It simply and efficiently translates just about any SAPGUI screen of your ever-growing SAP R/3 system to its character-based equivalent. It is acts as a middleware between RF devices and R/3 Systems.

On the other hand WebConsole is a part of J2EE Stack on a Mobile Infrastructure (MI) Server which is used to deploy applications to and data to & from the MI Client devices which are PDAs, Laptops, etc.

For your questions asked:

1. Does WebSAPConsole do the work of Sapconsole?

Ans. Yes, websapconsole can do all the works that is possible in SAPConsole and even more.

2. Is WebSApConsole necessarily part of SAP XI?

Ans. WebSAPConsole in niether part of SAP XI nor of SAP MI.

Regards,

Rahul

If this helps, kindly assign me some points.

Message was edited by: Rahul Gavande