cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle error in SOAP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario where i have configured SOAP adapter to call a webservice which is working fine. But when ever server hosting the webservice is down, PI still shows the message is processed successfully. Through RWB, i can see that message failed in Channel Monitoring.

Can any body suggest how to capture this so that i could raise an alert. In my alert config, i have already set it for the receiver failure.

Thanks

-Kulwant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwant

Use the fault messages over Sync call to identify if the data is reached the target or not

Check this method

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Although this is useful but didn't resolved my problem. If server is down, i don't get any erroe message at all. Pi still shows its successful. Its not a sync call but async .

Thanks

-Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kulwant

SOAP always send SOAP fault message in SYNC as well as ASync. You get HTTP response code 200 or system failure.

If the target system is down you will see successfully process but the response will be system failure

Check https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/856597

Moreover you can implement BPM where you can raise exception capturing this response. Thats the other way !!

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwant,

please select the "adapter engine " part as error category and it will work. it will genrate alert for the error if it occurs due to receiving application is down.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat