cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Require Configuration Details regarding JDBC Sender Adapter Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario in which I need to read around 2 million records from an SQL Server table and process.

Since the data content is very huge, I have decided to split the data and execute.

So, in the select statement of my SQL Server Query, I used Select top(2000) from table name with my where condition.

In the update statenment, I used update tablename set my required values from (my select query written above).

QOS -> EOIO

I have given the queuename as my tablename

Poll Interval is "120" seconds.

My idea is to process 2000 records at a time.

When I am executing this interface through RWB, I am getting an error in update statement saying

The JDBC driver returned the following error message: 'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Unable to start a nested transaction for OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server (serverdetails). A nested transaction was required because the XACT_ABORT option was set to OFF.'. For details, contact your database server vendor."

I have also tried in advanced tab the name of the variable as XACT_ABORT and its value as "ON", but to no avail.

Please let me know if I have missed anything. Do I need to set any additional parameters in the advanced tab of JDBC sender communication channel?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kiran

Fist of all suggestion is to increase the polling time. It may not process 2000 records in 120 second and you will poll again.

Paste your query to check if there is a problem

Also do check with SAP Note 831162 to verify if there is something you are doing wrong.

Thanks

Gaurav