cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically add context node to comp ctrl and map to view ctr

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to dynamically add context nodes to the component controller at runtime. Then I have to map those to the view context. This mapping to the view context worries me. I am currently only in the conceptual phase of the project and dont know how to implement this later. Is it possible? Can you provide the necessary steps?

Thanks a lot and regards

rene

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any specific reason for defining node dynamically. What worries you...have you implemented it or you want the steps to impelement it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know the data needed at design time, only know it at runtime. Its HR related. Depending on customizing one infotype can have several sub-infotype. Today we got 5 sub-infotypes, next year maybe 8. I dont want to hardcode this.

I know I can dynamically add nodes to the context. But I dont know whether dynamically added nodes can be mapped to the view controller context.

As a workaround I could add those nodes to the view controller context only but the data represented by the nodes is read in the component controller and might be used in other views too.