cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXECUTE IMPORT button is not activated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am importing some records to MDM using MDM-Import Manager ...

i have done the Field Mapping then Value Mapping and Match Record Strategy...

here in the Status i even see that 20 out of 20 Fields are Mapped and 20 out of 20 Values are Mapped.

but the EXECUTE IMPORT button is not activated ..... Please help .. ....

i am using Execl file for doing it .. as a Source ....

regards,

Jay Sawant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Just try removing the matching field or field combinations as you have used and Select them again.

Sometime resetting the matching field tab the import action is enabled.

Also check if you have selected the correct Import action like Create for new records and Update or Replace for existing records.

Check on these two areas matching field and import action.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Remove the field from the matching field tab. Also unmap the fields and values.

Now select the source and destination once again from the drop down at the top.

Refresh the field and value mapping step.

Select the appropriate unique field or unique field combination as the matching field.

Now just check if the button is enabled.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Check the Import Status tab of Import Manager, Action Items should be Ready to Import else it will not allow you to execute the import. Also it will display the proper error message like Map the Field values etc. Refresh the Matching fields from Match records either using Refresh button or removing and again applying the matching fields.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitesh and Simona for ur Answer and i appreiciate your efforts for solving problems of Developers on this FORUM of MDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

What was the exact problem? Iam asking you because if some one facing the same problem can get it solved quickly.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Actually i have done everything wright i.e FIELD MAPPING , VALUE MAPPING and In MATCH RECORDS also i have added two primary fields ... and set the MATCH LEVEL and MATCH TYPE but the DEFAULT IMPORT ACTION i have kept SKIP for every record ... So the EXECUTE IMPORT button was not active .. it should be CREATE for at aleast one time .. so that IMPORT MANAGER can transport the records to MDM.... repository ...but ur answers helped me in the Analysis and finding out the Exact Problem....

thanks...