Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic doubts about Proxies

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've some basic doubts in proxy. I've already gone thru the link "help.sap.com" for proxy. But still I've the following doubts

What are the points that needs to be taken care while creating a proxy?

what is the output format of the proxy?.Is the output from Java and ABAP proxies are the same?. OR do they have their own format?

Is it possible for an ABAP proxy to communicate directly without XI intervention(except for mapping and routing i.e. without any conversion) with JAVA proxy?

What are the different scenarios that proxies can be used like Proxy - XI - Proxy,File - XI - Proxy?

Looking for a proper reply.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Jothivel

Message was edited by: Jothivel Sundaram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> what is the output format of the proxy?.Is the output from Java and ABAP proxies are the same?. OR do they have their own format?

- The Proxy takes the format of your message type which is refered in your mess. interface. You can manipulate the data contained in it to your own convinence once you need to post the same to R3 or JAVA application.

For more details do refer the following blogs;

ABAP:

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

JAVA:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/27/asynchronous-inbound-java-proxy

/people/rashmi.ramalingam2/blog/2005/06/25/an-illustration-of-java-server-proxy

~ShaBZ~

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

Thanks for your info. If you can provide some more details I would be more happy.

Also, guys let me know whether you've been properly rewarded.

Thanks,

Jothivel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

<i>Thanks for your info. If you can provide some more details I would be more happy</i>

which proxy are you finally working java? did you try the pdf that i had send, i mean can you please be more specific.

<i>guys let me know whether you've been properly rewarded</i>

no stars are blinking for any one....just try it once, even if it donot work its ok!!

Regards,

Anirban.

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your response.

Proxies are adapterless communication media. So if want to communicate from an ABAP proxy to a Java proxy via XI or vice versa, I don't need any adapter ( since the messages are already in the XI-XML format) rite?.

Can you also explain the steps to generate a proxy from XI point ( from scratch )?

Anyway I'll award the corresponding points later :).

Thanks,

Jothivel.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothivel,

Is the proxy issue solved or were you able to get through it? Incase you need more info please let us know.

Regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jothivel,

>>>what is the output format of the proxy?.Is the output from Java and ABAP proxies are the same?. OR do they have their own format?

Proxies run on Application server. It does not run on Xi server.Thus java proxy will be in .jar format which can be ran on java engine and Abap Proxy is of the format which can run on ABAP Apllication server.

>>>What are the different scenarios that proxies can be used like Proxy - XI - Proxy,File - XI - Proxy?

What proxy actually does is it converts the data to Soap-Xml format which Xi Integration Engine can understand and sends it to Xi server pipeline Url. Thus most scenarios are possible.

>>>Is it possible for an ABAP proxy to communicate directly without XI intervention(except for mapping and routing i.e. without any conversion) with JAVA proxy?

Regarding this question of yours can you explain what exactly you are trying to do.

Because if you want to send data from java proxy to abap proxy without Xi doing any thing it is quite possible.You can write an EJB which will send an Soap-Xml format data to XI. Xi just forwarding the same XML data to an Abap Proxy.

Yomesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me share what ever i know about this Topic,

<i>What are the points that needs to be taken care while creating a proxy?</i>

your was version 6.2 and above, you need to decide upon server side proxy and client side proxy, abap proxy is used while communicating to a sap system and for a java application we use java proxy.Also proxies are generally used when we have huge data coming inside xi.

<i>Is the output from Java and ABAP proxies are the same</i>

The same scenario cannot use java and abap proxy simultaneously so there is no comparision on the output.

Generally in abap proxy i write a report and create a proxy class via SPROXY tcode and send the data to xi via proxy.

Both abap and java proxy are application components.

<i>Is it possible for an ABAP proxy to communicate directly without XI intervention(except for mapping and routing i.e. without any conversion) with JAVA proxy?

</i>

you mean abap and java proxy together? can you elaborate your scenario,generally we have proxy --xi file or filexi--proxy etc.

Regards,

Anirban