cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to debug my application, but getting error as Failed to Connect remote VM.

i restarted my server, and tried again. but getting same error.

and also i am the lone person doing debugging.

any suggetions..?

Regards

maha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have faced this problem many times. Here are the solutions to the issue:

1.) Ensure that the correct port and server are set in the Windows->Preferences-> section. In case of NWDS 04s the message server host will be the IP of your deployment server and message server port is usually 50021. unless you changed it somehow.

2.) If you still cannot connect - please ensure that no one else is debugging at the same time - there is a limit of 1 user per WAS at a time.

3.) If you still cannot connect - please close all the IE windows - they usually hang up the process if old windows are reused (don't ask me why - it is my observation).

4.) If you still cannot connect - please close NWDS and restart.

5.) And finally - please restart the SDM component of the server you are trying to connect to.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

p256960.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi p256960,

i did all the steps which you listed.

but i am not able debug my application. now i am got the error msg like exception occured while launching..

Thanks

maha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Siddharth has correctly mentioned - the last resort is to restart the server (Java Stack).

Thanks.

p256960.

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure Your J2ee engine settings along with debug port no is correct in NWDS as mentioned by Armin.

Disconnect ,terminate and remove all debug threads from the debug perspective.

try to relaunch the Debug thread again if it does not work restart the server, if it is your local server.

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you are using the correct debug port. This can be seen for example by opening the URL

http://<server>:<port>/monitoring/SystemInfo (needs admin right)

or in your J2EE Engine view in NWDS.

Armin