cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to export the changed object from ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

An object has been changed and imported from different xi system to our dev system in ID.I found that changes implemented automatically (without activation)in our dev system once the import is successful.when i try to export the object to qty, instead of the changed object the old object is exported.

Thinking that the activation is necessary when i try to activate the object in the change list, it is throwing error "Unable to move object.Change lists were not part of the same import". Plz help me why this error has occurred and is it require to activate or not.

Thanks,

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

Why you are getting this error because you have not activate the whole chnage list at once. You may have faced some issues in some part of your change list and then you may have activated that part only and because of this it gives the error "Change lists were not part of the same import".

Delete the current change list and re-import it again, and if you face some prolem in activation then first correct them and then activate the whole change list at once.

I hope this will solve you problem.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir/Sarvesh,

Why it is not require to activate the change list in IR and why only ID.

Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suresh

IR or ID whenever you import any object you need to activate them except transports. Changes will take place only after activation. While transporting you need to import ID and make changes but for IR no changes are required so no need to activation as well

Did you imported your ID objects using same ID. Check if its there in your change list. If not then delete the change list and object do a cache refresh and reimport.

Let us know if still shown error

Thanks

Gaurav

Edited by: Gaurav Bhargava on Nov 26, 2008 12:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Why it is not require to activate the change list in IR and why only ID.

Hi,

The answer is very simple. In IR we don't require any configuration to do, but in ID when you transport the object then you need to change and them then activate. For example when you import the CC then you need to change the source or target path, or in case of business system you need to change them as well because you can not use the same business in QA & PRD.

So due to above reason we need to activate the objects in ID & not in IR.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi suresh,

for all ID objects, activation is required however it is not so in IR.

In your case check if you have another not activated change list. or first modify the CC and activate the change list.or try it separately.

thanks.