Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding reading the XL File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam just reffering this Blog to read the XL file and convert into xml

Here Authour said like he used Java Excel API - open source Java API and he showd the code also

My doubt is using that code do we need to generate the Jar file ???

If yes means with that generated Jar file wat we have to do? Do we need to import it any where in XI??

Basically before calling the XL Module in Module TAB of CC what we have to do with that Java Code mentioned there

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO.You need not create jar file for the module processor.You have to deploy your module to the Application server.Then you can use the module name in the file adapter.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. You have to create an SDA file and deploy it on adapter engine of XI. You are creating an adpater module in this case. Check for adapter module help on sdn and you will get the complete procedure there.

Regards,

Prateek

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the blog shows how to create a adapter module and attach it to a file adapter that will help you read excel files.

how to create adapter modules -

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f013e82c-e56e-2910-c3ae-c602a67b...

refer the above link to help you develop an adapter module then use the blog to complete your requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With what code i have to create SDA file??

Regards

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the adapter module doc provided by Shabarish, you will find that a method called as process() should be implemented. This code is given in the weblog you posted earlier.

Regards,

Prateek