cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure/install set up for SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.0. Had gone through some documentation in sap help about the MI. Architecture & the working model. Now i want some hands on on this.I have NWDS 7.0.13. There i found MI Prespective. I want to learn this technology from the scratch & want to connect the backend with Mobile/PDAs.

Please help me to provide some documents which will help me in installing/configure the server, the software,patch required. & also how to start my work. which programing languages(XML,Jsp etc) should learn to develope a mobile application.

Satisfactory replies will be welcomed with points.

Regards,

Bidyut

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

U need to know Java and JSP for making Mobile applications. There is a whole set of Mobile API available, once u know them u can do coding in MI.Also u should know the MI transactions in SAP logon to monitor your MI server.Basically there are two types of application that can be made in MI: Smart sync and Generic Sync. In NWDS help you can get information/tutorial/ API regardin the same.

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answred!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to setup MI itself, go to service.sap.com/instguides and have a look for MI setup guides. In your case, this could help as well:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a3/583aef1baa6d42b22bedcb4dec5db9/frameset.htm

It should give you a well guided tour through all the necessary steps to have the first connection between MI and the device.

In the backend you need GETLIST/GETDETAIL handlers to get the data down to the middleware. Well, this is not part of the document above I think. But if you download MDK from sdn.sap.com, you should find all informations you need to develop your first basic MI applications.

Beside that it makes sence to have a look into the setup guides of Apps like MAM, to get an idea how SAP has developed this and makes use of different SyncBO types, cascade relations and that stuff.

Hope that helps to get you a few steps further.

Have fun!

Oliver