Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem With DatePicker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I used date picker to retrieve date. i designed date picker like this

while clicking a button datepicker component is visible , after pick the date its automatically set to invisible.

but my problem is that , the lay out is changing while visible and non visible on the component..

My Problem is : How can i use Date Picker With out effecting the lay out

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

set the visible property to blank ...the control will occupy the space........

i.e WDVisiblity.BLANK.....

Regards,

yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Yash,

My Actual Requirement is to display date navigator like popup menu . just it shown like a menu.

please help me,

regards,

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think u want the date in a InputField ......

so create a attribute in ur context set datatype of it to Date and then Bind the attribute to the InputField..a button will be automatically inserted .so when u select the date from it it will be in Input field...

I hope this is what i get ur problem....

Regards,

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Yash,

You are correct i need the date into input field ,

i did it.

Just see my problem in my form there is 6 input fields,

one is for name ,one is to age , one is to date of birth while to enter the date i need date navigator i used , but it will disturbing the layout, so i need date navigator like .net frame work(just you imagine).

Please help me

regards,

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

always use GridLayout....... in that set colcount= no of max UI elemnt u want in a row......

then in the UI COntrols...set the colspan u want the control to acquire...bydefault it is 1 u can change it...

so if your container has 4 colcount ...

you have three controls and u want to give more space to first UI element than the colsapan of first control should be 2 ......

Naga I hope u get why the Layout should be Grid Layout and If u add Contaniner IN container for that even can set this properties and efficently use it.....

Its just like dividing the screen in to columns and fitting the controls within it but u can make use of more than one column .......

Regards,

Yash

Message was edited by: Yashpal Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naga,

Do you use DatePicker inline with controls? Or you are opening it in separate pop-over window?

try second option if haven't yet. however, the drawback with it is that it is harder to place window near the corresponfing input field

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Vs,

you are opening it in separate pop-over window?

how is it , please tell me this option

regards,

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

I m not getting ur actual requirement. how u want to place the control..... ?

Regards,

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Yash,

Thanks For Hearing me,

My Actual requirement is to pick the date from date navigator , i solved it. i am getting the date into a input field . its fine. the problem is i need the date navigator component as like popup menu becuase its cool like .net frame work.

how is to solve

regards,

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

U can make a popup but i dont think so it is useful in your appln because datapicker control looks nice than in popup window and if u use pop up window u have to take care of the window creation and destroy and its model node .....

Link to document for pop-up window

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/42af9f90-0201...

regards,

Yash

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga Raju,

Try to use not WDVisibility.NONE but WDVisibility.BLANK when you are hinding your UI element.

best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.