cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

syndication map

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a special requirement for syndication MAP.

Main table : Vendor (Cardinality =1)

Multi-Valued(lookup): Vendor addresses (cardinality=n)

ie., each vendor will have the multiple addresses.

I need to syndicate the complete record for each address as below

Vendor1, Address1

Vendor1, Address2

Vendor1, Address3

I would request you all to give me suggestions how to create a syndicatio map for the above mentioned.

Thanks,

Sonali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

Your syndication map depends on format of the destination file.

If you are using a flat file then you need to manually address and vendor number as destination fields and then map the same and save the map.

If you are using the XML format then the destination structure should have a field for mapping address and vendor no details.Map the same and save the map.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Edited by: Minaz Kathawala on Nov 25, 2008 12:39 PM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sonali,

you can go with any one .

1) Make address is Qualified field will be separated with a Comma.

2) Using middle ware XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sonali,

u can go with any one .

1) Make address is Qualified field will be separated with a Comma.

2) Using middle ware XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

As posted above this requirement can be achieved with Qualified table because you always get lookup multivalued separated by comma while in case of qualified table it splitts the main table records depending on Qualified table records.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

This is only possible if you maintain the vendor number in the look up also along with the address details.

But then this will become quite a long list if you have many vendors.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

I think this is possible only in case of Qualified fields not in Lookup Multivalued because it separates the values by comma(,). If you are using XI as a middleware then this can be achieved outside MDM. In XI we can separate these values or another option is Qualified table.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

My requirment is different from the link.

For every address of vendor a complete set of record should be created.

ie., Vendor1 details + address1

Vendor1 details + address2

same vendor information with different address, and output should be two different xml files.

If still the question is not clear, kindly let me know i can try giving more examples.

Cheers!

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

From your requirement is looks like the address should be stored in a Qualified atbel within MDM and the Vendor number a part of the Main table.

In this case for every Vendor you can store multiple address and each address will be separated with a Comma.

So you will have something like this

Vendor1 Add1,Add2,Add3

Vendor2 Add2,Add3,Add4

and so on.

Then when you map this qulaified table correctly you will get the out put for every vendor with the vendor number under the main table field and the Address in link with it under Qualified lookup field.

Lookup Qualified table is used to store and retrieve such records which have a one to many relationship.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto