cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS with Single Sign On?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to run Easy DMS with Single Sign On?

Thanks!

Natalya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, u can run easydms with single sign on..depending on ur provider for sso, u need to tweak easydms a little bit

rgds

anu

0 Kudos

If you had configured sap gui for sso then the same might work for easyDMS.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tested on my local PC and the logon to EasyDMS with SSO works fine with a deactivated password. For the SSO to work, EasyDMS needs parameter 'SNC_LIB'. Could you please check this parameter on your PC? 'SNC_LIB' must be the DLL of the SNC provider. On my computer, it is the following path: "C:\Program Files\SECUDE\SECUDE for R3\secude.dll"

You can set this parameter either in the system environment variables ("Control Panel - System - Advanced") or in the connection parameters in EasyDMS (press button ".." beside the entry field for the system, select the respective system, click button 'Edit', then button 'New' and select parameter 'SNC_LIB' from the drop-down list and enter the correct path for the dll).

SSO is merely the description of a system behaviour and does not refer to a single technical implementation or solution. Actually there are different solutions for SSO, related to different technical context. The easiest way is to refer the SSO solution to the protocol used for

connecting client and server:

- DIAG (for SAPGUI) and RFC (RFC clients) on the one side

- HTTP and HTTPS on the other side

Now, SSO can be implemented for DIAG and RFC __ONLY__ by implementing SNC.

The solutions available for HTTP, like SAP LogonTickets (MYSAPSSO2), can __NOT__ be used in RFC or DIAG. Also, the different implementations are not equivalent in what they actually "deliver". With SNC,

the SSO functionality is like a by-product.

For implementing SNC, a third party product is required. See the list of certified partner product in the SAP support portal. The actual "base note" for SNC is SAP note 66687.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you very much for your replies!

SAPGui already runs with SSO, but not EasyDMS

I set the parameter 'SNC_LIB' to
datsa029\c$\WINDOWS\system32\gsskrb5.dll (or C:\WINDOWS\system32\gsskrb5.dll), but it doesn't work.

Schould I set other SNC parameter (SNC_MODE etc.) as well?

Thanks and best reagrds

Natalya

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

If SSO works with SAP GUI, try this wiki.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/YwXEB

Jomerce

Edited by: Jomerce PJ on Oct 1, 2009 8:11 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Natalya,

As far as I know you can set up the single sign on procedure for SAP. In other words it should take care of the single sign on for easy dms as well. However this is a question you should check with your basis guys.

Documentation which is more in line with my argument can be found at

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90011f75-6a35-2b10-d9ab-f6b011d1...

where it says all functionality of SAP netweaver is guaranteed for SAP easy DMS as well.

Sojan