cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use pre-defined scenarios for RosettaNet with XI 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I am working in Comgroup Shanghai co. ltd. which is partner of SAP China.

We have a potential customer who use RosettaNet as their Supply Chain EDI system.

I would like to make a demo for demostrate the pre-defined scenarios for RosettaNet RNIF 2.0 packages.

Where can I find such guideline ? I have checked the article: implementing RosettaNet with XI 3.0, but it cannot help me.

Another question is how I can develop my own scenarios for the RNIF standards which are not included in XI RosettaNet business package ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JanHong,

>>>>>>> would like to make a demo for demostrate the pre-defined scenarios for RosettaNet RNIF 2.0 packages. Where can I find such guideline.

In the ID, use the option Tools-->Transfer Integration Scenario from Integration Repository. Select the scenario you are working on and follow the four Steps in the Configuration Wizard.

Make sure you specify the identifiers(DUNS Number and R/3 Partner Numbers) for your parties. You also need to specify the Agency and Schema in the Identifiers Tab of Idoc Adapter.

>>>>>>>>>Another question is how I can develop my own scenarios for the RNIF standards which are not included in XI RosettaNet business package?

In the latest Business Package for RosettaNet, RosettaNet SWC comes with Interfaces for all the RosettaNet PIPs.

Create your own SWC and make sure this SWC is dependent on the RosettaNet SWC. Build your mappings and other design objects for your RNIF Standard.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam.

I have downloaded the rosettaNet package from Sap Support Portal.

I got a zip file which contains tpz file.

But how can I import this tpz file into XI ?

Just simply put the file inside imports directory ?

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jianhong,

>>>>>Just simply put the file inside imports directory ?

Yes. Upload the .tpz files into import directory. In the IR, choose Tools-->Import Design Objects and select the appropriate .tpz file. The RosettaNet SWC contains the Standard content and RosettaNet ERP SWC contains the integration content.

In addition, you also need to import the SAP APPL SWC from SLD. This will be the place holder for all your SAP Interfaces(Idocs)in the RosettaNet Integration. In the IR, choose Tools>Transfer from System Landscape Directory>Import Software Component versions and import the SAP APPL SWC. Edit this SWC and specify the connection parameters to your backend R/3 and import the IDoc metadata from the R/3.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam.

I have sucessfully import the RosettaNet business scenario into XI.

But how can I do the test for RNIF adapter?

Does it means that I must have a real RosettaNet System running ?

Or I can make the RNIF adapter output some xml files for testing and demo ?

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jianhong,

From the RosettaNet Website, you can download the RosettaNet Self-Test Kit which can be used to efficiently test the RosettaNet scenarios for compliance. This tool also comes with test scripts for various PIPs which can be used to test your RosettaNet Scenarios in XI.

For more info on the RosettaNet STK, visit RosettaNet Web site at the following link.

http://www.rosettanet.org

Another option is to install RosettaNet BP on two XI systems( Dev and QA). Configure the 1st XI System as Sender and the 2nd XI system as receiver and test the RosettaNet Scenarios between these two systems.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Can you please tell me thereal time example, how can we test RNIF adapter after importing the RosettaNet Self-Test Kit for one PIP scenario and also can you please tell me in detail about "Another option is to install RosettaNet BP on two XI systems( Dev and QA). Configure the 1st XI System as Sender and the 2nd XI system as receiver and test the RosettaNet Scenarios between these two systems"

Thanks in advance

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy.

Where can you download the RosettaNet Self-Test Kit ?

I cannot register the user in RosettaNet website.

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

See the instructions below after you installed the RosettaNet STK.

Below given is the sample config for PIP3B2 Scenario. Part I is using STK and Part II is using 2 XI systems.

<b>Part I. Test Using STK</b>

In your XI ID:

1) Define both the parties 1) Shipper(Your Partner) 2) Receiver(Your company) with identifiers like DUNS Number.

2) In ID goto>Tools>Transfer Integration Scenarios from IR-->select the scenario "PIP3B2_Receiver" from the drop down list.

3) Follow the 4 steps in the config wizard.

4) While creating your CC, create it from the channel template delivered with the RosettaNet BP.

4.1) Specify the URL for STK which should be in the following format

http://<STK Server>:<port>/rosettanet/servlet/listenerServlet?userId=<Party Name>

4.2)In the location fields, enter your location and your partner location.

In your STK

1) Start the RosettaNet STK.

2) enter the UserID<Partner Name in XI>

3) Select the Test Scenario, 3B2V01.01-AdvanceShipmentNotification-0001-Scenario-Shipper

4) Enter Global Business ID(DUNS Number) and Location ID for both the partners. These fields should be same as in your R/3 Party configuration.

5) Enter the URL as follows:

http://<XI Server:<J2EE_Port>/MessagingSystem/receive/RNIFAdapter/RNIF

If everything is configured correctly as mentioned, you should be able to test your single-action scenario.

<b>Part II Test using another XI System</b>

For these follow the steps above for XI Config.

Configure one XI System as PIP3B2 Shipper using the Scenario "PIP3B2_Shipper" and config wizard as mentioned above.

Configure the other XI as PIP3B2 Receiver using the scenario "PIP3B2_Receiver" and config wizard.

In the Url field, specify the URL as follows:

http://<XI host>:<J2EE_Port>/MessagingSystem/receive/RNIFAdapter/RNIF

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

Thanks a lot.

My only problem is where can I download STK ?

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jianhong,

You can download this from <a href="http://www.rosettanet.org">RosettaNet web site</a>

Refer to the following <a href="http://www.rosettanet.org/RosettaNet/Rooms/DisplayPages/LayoutInitial?Container=com.webridge.entity.Entity%5BOID%5BE4116FC997E1A94C889B9DF57CD6F73A%5D%5D">FAQs on STK</a>

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Sam

But I cannot register as a user in rosettanet website.

So I cannot download it.

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jianhong,

Yes, unfortunately you need to register yourself before you can download it.

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JianHong,

let me just add to Sam's reply:

1. Sam told you how to transfer the RosettaNet scenarios into from integration repository. Of course that implies that these scenarios are already in your system. If this is not the case you need to import them from the <a href="http://www.sap.com/services/servsuptech/smp">SAP service marketplace</a>.

a) After you entered the service marketplace go to <i>Software Download</i> under the header <i>SAP Support Portal</i>.

b) Next navigate to Download -> Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group

c) In the main window select <i>SAP Content</i> and then <i>Process Integration Content (XI Content)</i>.

d) Now you should see a list of XI content packages. The interesting ones for you are

XI CONTENT ROSETTANET

XI CONTENT ROSETTANET CRM

XI CONTENT ROSETTANET ERP

Based on your status with SAP you may see all of them or only the first one. If you drill down further, you can download these packages, but you also find some documentation about these packages.

2. If you want to develop your own scenarios I suggest you to read the

<a href="/people/james.guanzon/blog/2006/02/22/how-to-support-industry-standards-in-xi-part-i-of-iii--interfaces">weblog</a> from James Guanzon on <i>How To Support Industry Standards in XI</i>. He gives you a great overview on how to build such scenarios (part 2 and 3 still to come).

Just one more comment: If you plan to build scenarios around RosettaNet, SAP already made most of the RosettaNet interfaces (PIPs) available for you. If you are missing the ones you need just contact them via the SDN forum <i>Industry Speak</i>.

Hope that helps,

Claus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its great, Thanks a lot, Claus.

I hope that we can get XI customer in this famous customer in China.

Its very helpful.

I will try it .