cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Adapter Scenario ----- Need help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Again with same mail adapter scenarios .

I am trying to send my e-mail on Microsoft Exchange server to a FTP server .

So flow is like Mail system->XI-> File system.

While configuring sender mail adapter , i gave the following URL imap://S4DE8PSAANH.ibm.com/InBox as i am using IMAp4 as the protocol.

Now i have set of doubts and questions for which i need input from you all

a>I am still seeing my sender communication channel with green light (running ), its not picking up any new mail i came to my inbox. Any reasons why it did not pick up ?

b> Now to set up Receiver Determination and Interface Determination , i need to have inbound interface created, but here when my requirenent is just to send a e-mail content as XML to fle system , what interface should i use or how should i create a interface with interface mapping or message mapping ?

c>Any idea whether just configuring a sender mail adapter with certain poll interval will result in a XML message that can be seen in SXMB_MONI txn ? Or do i need to fullly set up my receiver system and complete whole configuration of the entire flow.

My intent is just to get a simple mail body into XI , how do i achieve it ?

I gave URL as imap://S4DE8PSAANH.ibm.com/InBox , still i did not get any XML message in SXMB_MONI txn ..or should i give IP address of my exchange server instead of S4DE8PSAANH.ibm.com ? ...

Can we see a XML message if only a sender communication channel is set up with no receiver ? .. I am just wondering why new mail in my inbox is not getting picked up into XI.

Thanks a lot to all who helped to me earlier , i guess i rewarded points to all those who guided me : -) and will do same again as promised.

Please help .

Thanks and Regards

rohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan -

Here's what I can tell you:

- if the hostname is wrong, you'll get a 'UnknownHostException'.

- if the path (e.g. Inbox) is wrong or doesn't exist, you'll get a 'IOException... The requested item could not be found'.

- if you don't configure user authentication, you'll get a 'NullPointerException'.

This is all within Adapter Monitor - so since your mail CC status is green, we can only assume that your mail host is valid, your path is valid, and your user id/pwd is valid.

One thing to try, since 'Inbox' is common to any mailbox, try creating a new folder at the Inbox level (e.g. called 'Test1') and specify the URL as:

imap://S4DE8PSAANH.ibm.com/Test1

and see if your CC status is still green in the Adapter Monitor (make sure to look at the ID Cache Notifications and the timestamp in the adapter monitor).

Outside of this, SP9 is relatively old. You should patch your XI system as soon as you get a chance - with or without this problem.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

The receiver mail adapter converts XI messages to e-mails and uses the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) or the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) to transfer them to the e-mail server. The sender mail adapter uses the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) or the Post Office Protocol Version 3 (POP3) to collect e-mails and convert them to XI messages.

So why don’t you please try using POP3 instead of IMAP and see if it works.

Regards,

abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy

Thanks for your response. I dd the same but still i do not see any thing in XI .. Can this be some firewall issue that i cant access the mail server ?? But i thing which i do not understand is that why do i still see my sender communication channel green ( in running status) if i am not able to connect to my mail server if thats the case ???

can you please advice?

Thanks

rohan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

I would suggest that you go through these notes on sap market place.

They might help you.

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh

I cud look into the notes which you suggested.

But they refer to SP 12,13,14 , etc.. and nothing about SP 9. My XI is on SP 9 .. So do you think being on SP 9 is a prob here ??

Thanks

rohan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

I am not sure if this can help. But what I would suggest is that your do a notes search on service maket place and find if any note has been raised for the email adapter in SP 9.

Regards,

Bhavesh

PS. Do award points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

There were a few links and blogs which helped me do the same.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/23/c093409c663228e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--step-by-step

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/bf37423cf7ab04e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

I actually just went through these links and blogs carefully while implementing it and it did help me.

Hope it is of some help to you also.

Regards,

abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy

I had already seen these blogs and till now all setting that i did was through these helps .

Still i dont see any XML message in SXMB_MONI .. I am continuosly getting new mails in my inbox but i dont see anything n XI still . I am using IMAP protocol and my XI is on Support Package 9.

Any idea about this ???

Thanks for ur help

rohan

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

You will have to set up the entire scenario, else you will get an entry in sxmb moni saying no receiver could be determined!...

Have checked the tab which says delete messages on read?.. to verify all other parameters check this link which talks about how to configure your sender mail adapter: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ad/bf93409c663228e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Chandra

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

//b> Now to set up Receiver Determination and Interface Determination , i need to have inbound interface created, but here when my requirenent is just to send a e-mail content as XML to fle system , what interface should i use or how should i create a interface with interface mapping or message mapping ?

For the mail to file scenario that you are doing, you will have to create a source datatype that matches with the XML content of your mail message. simmilary, create the destination datatype for the file and do the mapping ( straight mapping mostly )to your destination message and also create the corresponding outbound and inbound interfaces for the mail and file respectively along with the interface mapping.

This inbound interface can be used in the interface determination and also your straight mapping ( interface mapping ) between your source mail interafce and the destination inbound file interface.

hope this helps,

Regards,

bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

//do i need to fullly set up my receiver system and complete whole configuration of the entire flow.

Can we see a XML message if only a sender communication channel is set up with no receiver ? ..

Yes, if your sender communication channel has been set up and <b>activated</b>. If the receiver system has not been provided, the message will error out in the Integration Engine (SXMB_MONI), but the message will sure be picked up.

The reason being that once the adapter has been activated, it will be polling over the source system for the source message. Also, your Adapter ( Mail ) resides in your J2EE engine and so all its task is, is to pick up source message and pass to the Integration Engine and not worry if the task of the Integration Engine has been completed.

regards,

bhavesh